Adshead misses Telstar clash due to wait over coronavirus test result
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City loanee Dan Adshead missed SC Telstar’s 2-1 win over Excelsior as he waits for the results of a coronavirus test.
The Canaries midfielder wasn’t displaying symptoms or self-isolating but under league rules must have returned a negative result in order to play.
A large portion of Telstar’s squad did receive their results prior to the fixture - but Adshead’s results, along with second member of the squad, were delayed - meaning they were forced to miss the encounter.
The 19-year-old travelled to the game separately in a car behind the team bus - and was originally named in Andries Jonker’s first-team squad but was replaced by Cas Dijkstra late on.
Adshead did watch the game in a stand away from the supporters to ensure safety - and Jonker is hoping to have Adshead back soon.
You may also want to watch:
“Those results start trickling in from Monday evening, it took them longer. I had them travel after us in the hope that the results would still come in,” the Telstar boss explained to Noordhollands Dagblad.
- 1 City keeper issues injury update
- 2 'He has all the attributes" - Former coach backs Giannoulis to succeed at City
- 3 City Q&A recap: What does Giannoulis signing mean for Quintilla?
- 4 Matt Howman: Do you want Norwich City to be in the Premier League
- 5 City's Giannoulis move enters the end game
- 6 PROFILE: Raw determination and loan education helped City's incoming left-back emerge at PAOK
- 7 Six things you might have missed after Norwich City's victory in Cardiff
- 8 Young City winger completes permanent Harrogate Town move
- 9 Spurs loanee Skipp is a centre-back's dream, according to City skipper
- 10 Canaries captain hails 'outstanding' display from Hugill