Adshead misses Telstar clash due to wait over coronavirus test result
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City loanee Dan Adshead missed SC Telstar’s 2-1 win over Excelsior as he waits for the results of a coronavirus test.
The Canaries midfielder wasn’t displaying symptoms or self-isolating but under league rules must have returned a negative result in order to play.
A large portion of Telstar’s squad did receive their results prior to the fixture - but Adshead’s results, along with second member of the squad, were delayed - meaning they were forced to miss the encounter.
The 19-year-old travelled to the game separately in a car behind the team bus - and was originally named in Andries Jonker’s first-team squad but was replaced by Cas Dijkstra late on.
Adshead did watch the game in a stand away from the supporters to ensure safety - and Jonker is hoping to have Adshead back soon.
You may also want to watch:
“Those results start trickling in from Monday evening, it took them longer. I had them travel after us in the hope that the results would still come in,” the Telstar boss explained to Noordhollands Dagblad.
- 1 City transfer rumours: West Ham show interest in £30m rated Aarons
- 2 No West Ham contact for Aarons; Drmic wage hike unlikely
- 3 Webber will continue to be 'brutally honest' at City
- 4 Transfer rumour: Canaries interested in Celtic defender
- 5 Former City boss to leave post at the end of the season
- 6 City hot-shot out to prove point in Premier League, claims ex-Canary
- 7 David Freezer: Emotions bubbling for City as Watford tee up a proper title race
- 8 Spurs loanee Skipp discusses his future and potential of Canaries return
- 9 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 10 City ace Krul reflects on Premier League interest