City loanees hoping to be in action against Anderlecht and Rangers
- Credit: Norwich City FC
The season begins tomorrow for Norwich City defender Rocky Bushiri with his loan club in the Belgian top flight.
Bushiri has joined Mechelen for the 2020-21 campaign who begin the season at home to 34-time champions Anderlecht, who finished eighth last season, two places lower than Mechelen in their first season since promotion.
Belgium Under-21 international Bushiri joined Norwich in 2019 Oostende after playing regularly in the top flight for Eupen on loan. He initially went out on loan to Blackpool but after seven appearances he returned home and was playing for Sint-Truidense when the season was concluded early in March.
The defender played all of a 1-0 friendly defeat to French top-flight side Metz last weekend as Mechelen concluded their pre-season preparations.
Another of City’s young loanees, Icelandic midfielder Isak Thorvaldsson, heads to Rangers with St Mirren in the Scottish Premiership on Sunday (3pm).
You may also want to watch:
The 19-year-old made his debut when playing the final 13 minutes of a 1-0 home win over Livingston last weekend and will hope to feature again at the 50,000 capacity Ibrox Stadium.
- 1 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-0 Bristol City win
- 2 'Best team in the division' - Bristol boss hails City's stylish success
- 3 Soto's loan at Telstar ends as City close on work permit for USA striker
- 4 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-0 Championship cruise against Bristol City
- 5 LOAN WATCH: Success for Heise and recognition for Adshead
- 6 Hot Hugill caps a season's best display for City boss
- 7 'Great header' - Hugill's goal earns seal of approval from Holt
- 8 Hugill thrilled with brace and determined to help keep City on track
- 9 Iwan Roberts: Hugill showed he truly belongs at Norwich City
- 10 Hugill brace ensures superb City beat Bristol