City loanees prepare for League One play-off action
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
There could be League One play-off action for two Norwich City loan players this evening.
Central defender Sean Raggett was a regular for Portsmouth prior to the season being suspended in March, later being curtailed and settled on a points-per-game method, leaving Pompey fifth and hosting Oxford in the first leg of their semi-final (5.30pm).
Canaries academy product Cameron McGeehan is also an important player in Kenny Jackett’s squad and has extended his loan from Barnsley, as the 2008 FA Cup winners look to return to the Championship for the first time in 2012.
Meanwhile, current City academy prospect Isak Thorvaldsson remains with Fleetwood Town, who host Wycombe Wanderers (7.30pm) after being placed sixth in the final table.
The Iceland Under-19 international midfielder joined Joey Barton’s squad in January but only made it on to the pitch as a substitute in two of the eight games he was involved in. Former Norwich loan striker Ched Evans also plays Fleetwood.
The matches are being shown live on Sky Sports, with the return fixtures on Monday ahead of the Wembley final on Monday, July 13, as the League One season is concluded behind closed doors.
You may also want to watch:
City approved loan extension for both Raggett and Thorvaldsson as neither would have been able to feature for their parent club until the start of the 2020-21 season anyway, due to their loan registrations when the season was suspended.
Former Lincoln defender Raggett’s future is yet to be made clear however, as he was due to be out of contract at the end of June, although City retained an option for a further 12 months.
- 1 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Premier League-bound Canaries' 3-1 defeat against Bournemouth
- 2 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 3-1 Bournemouth defeat
- 4 PROMOTION LIVE: Cherries and red card ruin City's party
- 5 City players and fans celebrate promotion on social media
- 6 Farke savours sweet Premier League promotion after rollercoaster ride
- 7 'Amazing' - Buendia hails City's special promotion achievement
- 8 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 9 Paddy Davitt verdict: I'll have a P please City
- 10 Norwich City fans gather at Carrow Road to celebrate promotion