City loanees prepare for League One play-off action
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
There could be League One play-off action for two Norwich City loan players this evening.
Central defender Sean Raggett was a regular for Portsmouth prior to the season being suspended in March, later being curtailed and settled on a points-per-game method, leaving Pompey fifth and hosting Oxford in the first leg of their semi-final (5.30pm).
Canaries academy product Cameron McGeehan is also an important player in Kenny Jackett’s squad and has extended his loan from Barnsley, as the 2008 FA Cup winners look to return to the Championship for the first time in 2012.
Meanwhile, current City academy prospect Isak Thorvaldsson remains with Fleetwood Town, who host Wycombe Wanderers (7.30pm) after being placed sixth in the final table.
The Iceland Under-19 international midfielder joined Joey Barton’s squad in January but only made it on to the pitch as a substitute in two of the eight games he was involved in. Former Norwich loan striker Ched Evans also plays Fleetwood.
The matches are being shown live on Sky Sports, with the return fixtures on Monday ahead of the Wembley final on Monday, July 13, as the League One season is concluded behind closed doors.
You may also want to watch:
City approved loan extension for both Raggett and Thorvaldsson as neither would have been able to feature for their parent club until the start of the 2020-21 season anyway, due to their loan registrations when the season was suspended.
Former Lincoln defender Raggett’s future is yet to be made clear however, as he was due to be out of contract at the end of June, although City retained an option for a further 12 months.
- 1 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Bristol City - Pukki still out, Krul set to return
- 2 City confirm Dimitris Giannoulis deal
- 3 Buendia to Arsenal. Forget it, says City boss Farke
- 4 PROFILE: Raw determination and loan education helped City's incoming left-back emerge at PAOK
- 5 City legend details Webber conversation before sporting director appointment
- 6 Bullish Robins' boss pledges to mix it with Canaries
- 7 Spurs loanee Skipp is a centre-back's dream, according to City skipper
- 8 The Greek view on Norwich City new boy Dimitris Giannoulis
- 9 'Our own Heracles at left-back' - City fans delighted as Giannoulis completes loan move
- 10 Cherries lose more ground on Canaries in promotion race