City may allow Thorne to leave
Peter Thorne could be allowed to leave Norwich City this summer - but potential suitors Brighton have yet to register their interest with the Canaries.
Striker Peter Thorne could be allowed to leave Norwich City this summer - but potential suitors Brighton have yet to register their interest with the Canaries.
Reports on the South Coast yesterday suggested Seagulls boss Mark McGhee has put Thorne, who celebrates his 33rd birthday today, on his close season shopping list as he looks for attacking reinforcements.
City manager Nigel Worthington today said there had been no contact from Brighton over Thorne, but admitted he may be prepared to do business if the deal suited all parties.
Thorne signed a two-year contract with the Canaries last summer after joining them on a free transfer from Cardiff City, but found his first-team opportunities limited by injury and competition for places up front.
You may also want to watch:
He started just 13 first-team matches, scoring once against Watford, and made a further 10 appearances as substitute.
Said Worthington: “There's been speculation in the papers about Peter but there's certainly been no contact from Brighton or anyone else at this moment.”
- 1 Farke's dilemma with City prodigies
- 2 Robbie Savage: 'Never mind Stuart Webber, it's all down to me'
- 3 Dowell pledge from City boss
- 4 Police interviews and faulty planes - the inside track on Onel's Cuba bow
- 5 Lee Payne: Bruce has got it wrong over Norwich City and Premier League
- 6 Candid Cantwell opens up on struggles during 'whirlwind' summer
- 7 Local lad tag weighs heavy on Cantwell's shoulders
- 8 Farke's fledglings: How City chief moulded the next generation for Canaries
- 9 Ex-City star Murphy boosts hopes of new deal
- 10 City defender likened to a 'young Rio Ferdinand'
But he said he would not rule out a move before the new campaign kicks off.
He said: “It depends what business we can do. If there was a move to suit all parties, Peter and I would discuss the situation before the start of the season. We have to wait and see what happens over the pre-season period.”
Sheffield United's Neil Shipperley and Burnley's Gifton Noel-Williams are also targets for McGhee. Noel-Williams was on loan at Brighton at the end of last season and has been transfer-listed by Burnley.