City midfielder named in Championship Team of Midweek
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City midfielder Lukas Rupp has been named in the Sky Bet Championship Team of Midweek, following his performance during Tuesday’s dominant 1-0 win over Birmingham.
The 29-year-old former Hoffenheim midfielder continued his consistent start to life in the Championship with his best performance yet in a Norwich shirt, winning back possession ahead of Mario Vrancic’s winner in the 87th minute.
Rupp was the only player on the pitch to break into three figures for passes attempted, with his personal haul of 113 more than the four starting Birmingham midfielders combined (90) - and with a pass success rate of 95 percent as well.
The January signing is the first Canaries player to make it into one of the Championship game week teams this season, which is selected using performance statistics from WhoScored.com as a guide.
He is joined by a former City player in left-back Harry Toffolo, who set up Huddersfield’s goal in their 1-0 home win over Derby on Tuesday, having also scored during a 2-1 win at Swansea on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
Sky Bet Championship Team of Midweek (5-4-1): Ben Foster (Watford); Joe Rafferty (Preston), Jake Cooper (Millwall), Richard Stearman (Huddersfield), Harry Toffolo (Huddersfield); Joe Lolley (Nottm Forest), Harry Wilson (Cardiff), Lukas Rupp (Norwich), George Saville (Boro), Connor Mahoney (Millwall); Ivan Toney (Brentford)
- 1 The Greek view on Norwich City new boy Dimitris Giannoulis
- 2 Cherries lose more ground on Canaries in promotion race
- 3 Farke maps out his risk averse strategy on Pukki and Krul
- 4 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Bristol City - Pukki still out, Krul set to return
- 5 City confirm Dimitris Giannoulis deal
- 6 Buendia to Arsenal. Forget it, says City boss Farke
- 7 'Our own Heracles at left-back' - City fans delighted as Giannoulis completes loan move
- 8 Farke is not looking over his shoulder at City
- 9 Norwich City v Bristol City - all you need to know
- 10 David Hannant: Daniel Barden's success sums up all that is right at Norwich City