City midfielder named in Championship Team of Midweek
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City midfielder Lukas Rupp has been named in the Sky Bet Championship Team of Midweek, following his performance during Tuesday’s dominant 1-0 win over Birmingham.
The 29-year-old former Hoffenheim midfielder continued his consistent start to life in the Championship with his best performance yet in a Norwich shirt, winning back possession ahead of Mario Vrancic’s winner in the 87th minute.
Rupp was the only player on the pitch to break into three figures for passes attempted, with his personal haul of 113 more than the four starting Birmingham midfielders combined (90) - and with a pass success rate of 95 percent as well.
The January signing is the first Canaries player to make it into one of the Championship game week teams this season, which is selected using performance statistics from WhoScored.com as a guide.
He is joined by a former City player in left-back Harry Toffolo, who set up Huddersfield’s goal in their 1-0 home win over Derby on Tuesday, having also scored during a 2-1 win at Swansea on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
Sky Bet Championship Team of Midweek (5-4-1): Ben Foster (Watford); Joe Rafferty (Preston), Jake Cooper (Millwall), Richard Stearman (Huddersfield), Harry Toffolo (Huddersfield); Joe Lolley (Nottm Forest), Harry Wilson (Cardiff), Lukas Rupp (Norwich), George Saville (Boro), Connor Mahoney (Millwall); Ivan Toney (Brentford)
- 1 ‘Norwich is a cracking club’ - Warnock explains why Boro couldn’t sign Gibson
- 2 Welcome to our new website
- 3 Blows for Hugill, McLean and Cantwell as injury crisis deepens for City ahead of trip to Stoke
- 4 Paddy Davitt: Norwich City player ratings after a 3-2 Championship victory at Stoke City
- 5 Farke fears Krul out for weeks
- 6 Excitement mounts ahead of proposed return for Norwich City at Luton
- 7 'We complement each other quite nicely' - Gibson on growing partnership with Hanley
- 8 Connor Southwell: There's plenty to admire about Norwich City's response to relegation
- 9 'I rate him as the best midfield player in the league' - Warnock hails former City star
- 10 Fans return: 2,000 supporters WILL be permitted to attend matches at Carrow Road as Norwich placed in Tier 2