Canaries new boy posts emotional farewell to Rochdale and gives ‘special mention’ to former City forward
- Credit: Archant
Daniel Adshead has posted an emotional goodbye message to former club Rochdale following his big move to Norwich City – including a thank you to Canaries academy product Ian Henderson.
The 17-year-old midfielder has joined City in a deal reportedly worth around £300,000 after making 16 appearances for League One side Dale last season.
The England Under-18 international has been tracked with Premier League giants Manchester United and Manchester City, while national newspaper reports have even suggested Barcelona and Bayern Munich were also keen.
"I would just like to thank everybody associated with Rochdale Football Club. A place where I have made so many unbelievable memories even so early on in my career," Adshead posted on Instagram.
"Since my first session with the first team at the age of 14, I was made to feel welcomed and comfortable by every single one of my team-mates and members of staff, past and present."
The teen has been playing alongside Thetford-raised Henderson at Spotland, who has gone on to become a club legend at Dale, scoring 110 goals in 304 games since initially joining on loan in 2013.
You may also want to watch:
"I've met so many amazing people whilst I've been at the club but a special mention has to go to Ian Henderson who has looked after me from day one," the Canaries new boy continued.
"Another thank you must go to (academy manager) Tony Ellis and his incredible academy staff, from top to bottom. None of this would have been possible without their guidance.
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Cardiff man once again linked
- 2 Why a Premier League gamble makes no sense for Farke
- 3 ‘It’s me, it’s Tettey’ - Canaries legend's best quotes
- 4 Rosenborg set for talks with Tettey
- 5 Why Norwich City won't be a soft touch in the Premier League
- 6 Pukki injury emphasises Norwich City’s need for another striker
- 7 'My mission is not over' - Klose opens door to permanent Basel stay
- 8 Former City coach departs Ipswich Town
- 9 'Perfection' - Dowell on getting back to the big time with Canaries
- 10 PRESSER LIVE: Barnsley v City - No fresh injuries. Skipp and Pukki will be part of celebrations
"Also thank you to the previous manager Keith Hill who gave me my first team debut. I'm forever grateful for the opportunity.
"I can not thank the incredible people around me enough, particularly my family, friends and management team who have supported me throughout.
"But finally I would like to wish Brian (Barry-Murphy, manager), the team and all the Rochdale fans the very best in the future. A club I will always be fond of. Thank you."