‘You’ll tear it up’ - City players wish Jaiyesimi well as Swindon fans eye return
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Swindon fans have called for Diallang Jaiyesimi to ‘come home’ following his release from Norwich City, with former Canaries colleagues predicting big things from the forward in the future.
City announced yesterday that the 22-year-old will be leaving the club when his contract expires on June 30, as one of a group of seven under-23 players who will be moving on this summer.Jaiyesimi, who had been on loan in League Two with Swindon this season, followed the news with a post on Twitter saying: “My time at Norwich City has come to an end. It’s been a good four years.
“I’d like to thank all the coaches and staff that have helped me along the way. On to the next challenge.”
The Londoner joined Norwich in January 2016 and enjoyed a positive first season with the club, scoring eight goals in 33 games for the U23s.
He was a regular in League Two for Grimsby in 2017-18 but saw the following season’s loan at Yeovil wrecked by a knee ligament injury.
Jaiyesimi returned to fitness with another loan in the fourth tier this season, scoring four goals in 21 games in a variety of attacking positions for Swindon, but it hasn’t been enough to see the one-year option in his Canaries contract activated.
You may also want to watch:
That prompted a host of positive responses to his tweet from Swindon fans, as well as City players who had played alongside him in the U23 ranks.
England U21 defender Ben Godfrey wrote: “All the best for the future bro! You’ll tear it up, no doubt.” While Max Aarons said: “Top player, good luck on your next journey bro.”
- 1 NORWICH CITY ARE PROMOTED TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE
- 2 PROMOTION LIVE: Cherries and red card ruin City's party
- 3 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Premier League-bound Canaries' 3-1 defeat against Bournemouth
- 4 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 5 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 3-1 Bournemouth defeat
- 6 City players and fans celebrate promotion on social media
- 7 'Mission Accomplished' - Norwich City fans celebrate promotion
- 8 Farke savours sweet Premier League promotion after rollercoaster ride
- 9 Operation Bounce Back: The story of City's promotion success
- 10 'Amazing' - Buendia hails City's special promotion achievement
Canaries academy fitness coach Jay Eastoe-Smith posted: “A pleasure to work with and has a massive future in the game.”
Swindon are on the verge of promotion to League One after the curtailment of the season in the fourth tier and will also be crowned champions if points-per-game is used to settled the final table as expected, as they are level on points with Crewe but have a game in hand.
- You can watch highlights of Jaiyesimi’s loan spell at Swindon in the video above