City put back NCISA meeting date
CHRIS WISE Fans' representatives will have to wait for their chance to speak to City officials in the wake of Thursday's public meeting.
Fans' representatives will have to wait for their chance to speak to City officials in the wake of Thursday's public meeting.
Roy Blower, chairman of Norwich City Independent Supporters' Association, is anxious to pass on feedback from the meeting to the club - and announced on Thursday that he would be seeing club chairman Roger Munby on Monday. That exchange has now been put back a week, and has been arranged for Monday, March 13, before City Reserves take on West Ham at Carrow Road.
Explaining the switch, chief executive Neil Doncaster said: "The meeting has been deferred so that more people can attend."
You may also want to watch:
Doncaster refused to speculate on what the future might hold for City boss Nigel Worthington but admitted the club was well aware of the anger among supporters.
"I have learnt in the nine years I have been at this club not to make predictions," he said. "I think the meeting reflects how disappointed everyone, including the supporters, director and manager is with performances this season. It's important that if people want to express their views they are able to do so. I think it reflects great credit on Norwich supporters that they were able to express those views in a calm, dignified way. That's the Norwich City way. We welcome calm, intelligent debate. As a club we continue to review everything on a daily basis. There's never a situation where we don't react to change; we react to the kaleidoscope of issues that is football. We recognise the strength of feeling that exists. We get a wide range of views expressed to us by all of the supporters we consult with, and we take all those into account."
- 1 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 2 Spurs loanee Skipp discusses his future and potential of Canaries return
- 3 'A wonderful season' - Praise pours in for City from legends and pundits
- 4 'I am really happy here' - City star Buendia not worried about speculation
- 5 PRESSER LIVE: City v Watford - Hanley, Pukki, Cantwell injury doubts
- 6 'Big Six' join European Super League 24 hours after City's promotion
- 7 'Good riddance' - Norwich fans react to European Super League plans
- 8 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 9 Paddy Davitt verdict: I'll have a P please City
- 10 Six things you might have missed after City's promotion party