City quartet miss training
DAVID CUFFLEY Darren Huckerby and Adam Drury are showing signs of recovery from the injuries that sidelined them this week - the Norwich City pair were still unable to train today.
Darren Huckerby and Adam Drury are showing signs of recovery from the injuries that sidelined them this week - the Norwich City pair were still unable to train today.
Drury has missed the last two matches with a sore back, while Huckerby was ruled out of the Carling Cup return to his former club, Manchester City, on Tuesday by an ankle injury.
Those two plus Gary Doherty (groin) and Luke Chadwick (hamstring) all missed training today and face a race to be available for Saturday's Championship game against Sheffield Wednesday at Carrow Road (5.20pm).
You may also want to watch:
With skipper Jason Shackell and Dion Dublin still suspended, City's squad is at full stretch, especially in defence, although midfielder Julien Brellier is available again after serving a one-match ban.
“The blessing is I've got two extra hours. I will give them as much time as I can with the squad as thin as it is,” said manager Peter Grant.
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Dowell stunner puts City on cusp of promotion
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' spirited 1-0 Championship win against Derby County
- 3 Premier League here we come for City chief Farke
- 4 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash
- 5 Farke makes a pact with City squad
- 6 'Our only concern' - Farke reveals City's promotion roadmap
- 7 Farke on Canaries records, Rooney and respecting the Rams
- 8 City boss too busy to worry about his contract at the moment
- 9 Spud Thornhill: Early days, but can City break that promotion record?
- 10 Dowell the difference at Derby as City close on promotion
“I'm not going to rule any of them out but I've got to get preparation in. I just feel in the games where we have not prepared as well as we can do, we've struggled a bit when we've left it to the last moment.
“It's something I may have to look at tomorrow morning and maybe make the decision then rather than leave it until Saturday morning.
“Darren feels better, Adam feels a little bit better as well. But Darren's not done any twisting and turning on his ankle yet so that's a problem we have.”