Thompson recalled from Shrews loan spell by City
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City midfielder Louis Thompson has been recalled from his loan spell at Shrewsbury Town after making only 14 appearances for the League One side.
The Welsh midfielder joined the Shrews on a season-long loan deal in the summer but has seen that cut short by his parent club due to concerns over a lack of playing time.
Thompson has suffered two serious Achilles injuries during his time at Carrow Road and then injured his shoulder in a freak incident against Aston Villa last season. A further injury on development duty ruled him out of the club's title run-in, although he was fit to be part of a Welsh training squad at the start of the summer.
He limped out of City's pre-season friendly with Arminia Bielefeld, which curtailed his bid to be apart of Daniel Farke's Premier League squad.
City's strong links with Shrewsbury date back to when Ben Godfrey and Carlton Morris enjoyed productive loan spells in Shropshire. Thompson's relationship with Shrews boss Sam Ricketts was one of the main reasons why the Welsh youth international joined the club.
You may also want to watch:
However, Thompson has struggled to get up to speed after his fitness woes and both parties have agreed to end the midfielders loan.
- 2 MATCHDAY RECAP: Huge goals for Hugill as City create daylight at the top
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-0 Bristol City win
- 4 'Best team in the division' - Bristol boss hails City's stylish success
- 5 Hot Hugill caps a season's best display for City boss
- 6 Hugill brace ensures superb City beat Bristol
- 7 'Great header' - Hugill's goal earns seal of approval from Holt
- 8 Farke maps out his risk averse strategy on Pukki and Krul
- 9 LOAN WATCH: Success for Heise and recognition for Adshead
- 10 STARTING XIs: Krul returns for Canaries against Bristol City