Thompson recalled from Shrews loan spell by City
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City midfielder Louis Thompson has been recalled from his loan spell at Shrewsbury Town after making only 14 appearances for the League One side.
The Welsh midfielder joined the Shrews on a season-long loan deal in the summer but has seen that cut short by his parent club due to concerns over a lack of playing time.
Thompson has suffered two serious Achilles injuries during his time at Carrow Road and then injured his shoulder in a freak incident against Aston Villa last season. A further injury on development duty ruled him out of the club's title run-in, although he was fit to be part of a Welsh training squad at the start of the summer.
He limped out of City's pre-season friendly with Arminia Bielefeld, which curtailed his bid to be apart of Daniel Farke's Premier League squad.
City's strong links with Shrewsbury date back to when Ben Godfrey and Carlton Morris enjoyed productive loan spells in Shropshire. Thompson's relationship with Shrews boss Sam Ricketts was one of the main reasons why the Welsh youth international joined the club.
You may also want to watch:
However, Thompson has struggled to get up to speed after his fitness woes and both parties have agreed to end the midfielders loan.
- 1 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash
- 2 MATCHDAY RECAP: Dowell stunner puts City on cusp of promotion
- 3 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' spirited 1-0 Championship win against Derby County
- 4 Premier League here we come for City chief Farke
- 5 'You get relegated playing the Norwich way' - Old boy Bruce on Magpies' sorry plight
- 6 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Derby County win
- 7 Dowell the difference at Derby as City close on promotion
- 8 'Champagne on ice' - City set for Carrow Road celebration next week
- 9 Record-breaking week continues for Canaries
- 10 Spud Thornhill: Early days, but can City break that promotion record?