One year on from the Carrow Road chaos of Norwich City’s epic 4-3 victory over Millwall
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
What a difference a year makes. Norwich City currently sit bottom of the Premier League but 12 months ago to the day Carrow Road was celebrating an incredibly dramatic 4-3 win over Millwall, as promotion belief was well and truly sparked into life.
It was a comeback victory which had supporters believing that Daniel Farke was constructing something special, with Teemu Pukki coming to the fore and the Canaries sitting top of the Championship table with 17 games played.
Tom Elliott had headed Millwall in front in the 24th minute but Onel Hernandez and Marco Stiepermann set up Pukki for City's equaliser just four minutes after the break and the Finn then had a penalty opportunity less than 10 minutes later, only to see his spot-kick saved.
Mo Leitner's fine strike claimed the lead in the 79th minute but It's then that the drama really cranked up a few notches, with Ryan Leonard and Jed Wallace quickly putting the visitors 3-2 up and leaving the home faithful shocked, with errors from Jamal Lewis and Tim Krul leading to the respective goals.
Jordan Rhodes and Mario Vrancic were swiftly brought on and it was loan striker Rhodes to the rescue, equalising in the second minute of added time in front of the Barclay Stand after a pinpoint pass from Emi Buendia.
You may also want to watch:
Rhodes grabbed the ball from the net and rushed back to the centre circle, in hope that something special was brewing, waving his arms to lift the volume further. It worked...
With time almost up, into the seventh minute of injury-time, Vrancic threaded the ball to Pukki in the box and the striker somehow scrambled the ball in to snatch a 4-3 win and send Carrow Road wild.
- 1 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Bristol City - Pukki still out, Krul set to return
- 2 Hot Hugill caps a season's best display for City boss
- 3 STARTING XIs: Krul returns for Canaries against Bristol City
- 4 Farke is not looking over his shoulder at City
- 5 Hugill brace ensures superb City beat Bristol
- 6 MATCHDAY RECAP: Huge goals for Hugill as City create daylight at the top
- 7 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-0 Championship cruise against Bristol City
- 8 Farke maps out his risk averse strategy on Pukki and Krul
- 9 The Greek view on Norwich City new boy Dimitris Giannoulis
- 10 Cherries lose more ground on Canaries in promotion race
It sparked memorable celebrations, with Alex Tettey dancing a victory jig and Farke mobbed by his coaches, as a pile of City players soaked in the moment in front of the Snake Pit.
It sent the Canaries into the November international break on a real high, flying out to Florida for warm weather training in Tampa, and they would barely slip out of the top two for the rest of the season.
By the end of the season Christoph Zimmermann and Grant Hanley were lifting the Championship trophy at Villa Park but that chaotic November night against Millwall would go down as the match which lit the fuse on that superb season.
- Re-live the highlights above and keep scrolling down for more images of that dramatic triumph