‘Very pleased’ - City’s new home kit is proving popular
- Credit: Archant
Norwich City’s home kit for the 2020-21 season has so far outsold its predecessor from the Canaries’ last Championship campaign.
Supporters are eagerly awaiting a first look at City new away and third kit, which are likely to be worn during pre-season friendlies in the next couple of weeks.
The Canaries’ head of commercial operations, Sam Jeffery, explained: “Very pleased, it’s been a long time in the making, I think we started designing it last July, so it’s been a long process and obviously things were delayed due to the world situation, but very pleased with opening weekend sales.
“We’re, in like for like sales from the 2018-19 season Championship season, 25 percent up - which is really good.
“What we really want to do is to encourage fans that, if safe to do so, to come and see the kit. I know there was some reaction with regard to it possibly being a little similar to previous kits, but in our opinion it’s not.
You may also want to watch:
“When you see the fabric and the jacquard, the premium feel to it, I think it’s a brilliant kit. Sales have been good so far and hopefully long may that continue.”
Jeffery was speaking as City revealed a five-year extension to their commercial partnership with local brewery Woodforde’s, which will see the Woodbastwick firm’s branding continue in its prime position on the Barclay Stand at Carrow Road during the 2020-21 season.
“I think it’s been some brilliant branding up there. When we originally did the deal the guys at Woodforde’s were happy to adopt the Norwich City colours and pantones as well.
- 1 'Blown away' - Gibson reveals how City wooed him for Premier League push
- 2 MATCHDAY RECAP: Hornets frustrate City in title tussle
- 3 City ace Krul reflects on Premier League interest
- 4 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 defeat against Watford
- 6 City lose Giannoulis appeal; three-game ban stands
- 7 Pressure on Hornets for title-hunting City
- 8 Spurs loanee Skipp discusses his future and potential of Canaries return
- 9 Norwich City v Watford: everything you need to know
- 10 PRESSER LIVE: City v Watford - Hanley, Pukki, Cantwell injury doubts
“I think it’s just a brand that’s synonymous with football fans and Norfolk in general, which is obviously Norwich City being one of the biggest institutions in the region. It just works really well together which is why we’re so pleased that we’ve got at least five more years together.
“The games in lockdown in particular, some of the viewing figures were astronomical. We always try and deliver extra value for our partners, obviously we had no control over lockdown but in terms of the ad exposure it would have been massive.”
- You can watch the full interview with Jeffery at Woodforde’s, as well as with Canaries legend Grant Holt, in the video above