How to follow the draws as City learn their EFL Cup and Trophy opponents
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City will find out who they face in the EFL Cup first round today - with the chance of a derby clash against Ipswich a possibility.
The draw will be made at 10am on Sky Sports News, with the draw divided into northern and southern section but no seeding for the Championship clubs involved.
Ties are due to be played on Saturday, September 5 but could be played on alternate dates due to that being during an international window. Last season City were knocked out in the second round, losing 1-0 away to League Two side Crawley Town.
Norwich have been allocated ball number 23 in the southern section of the draw,
The Canaries’ development squad are also set to learn their EFL Trophy group stage opponents when the draw for that competitions is made on Talk Sport Two at 1.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
City are one of the 16 category one academies to accept an invite into the competition, when under-21 squads will face the first teams of clubs from Leagues One and Two. Ipswich are also in the southern half of that draw.
- We’ll bring you full details of both draws on this website as soon as possible
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Swindon hoping to sign Omotoye on loan
- 2 Farke's injury fears for Hugill after Barnsley FA Cup loss
- 3 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 FA Cup defeat against Barnsley
- 4 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Barnsley defeat
- 5 No panic buy for Canaries after Hugill injury blow
- 6 'Concentrate on the league klaxon' - City fans express disappointment at FA Cup exit
- 7 Rusty returns could prove crucial in the long run for fit-again City stars
- 8 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 9 Paddy Davitt verdict: Cup finals aplenty if City seal the deal
- 10 MATCHDAY RECAP: Canaries beaten by Barnsley in FA Cup