How to follow the draws as City learn their EFL Cup and Trophy opponents
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City will find out who they face in the EFL Cup first round today - with the chance of a derby clash against Ipswich a possibility.
The draw will be made at 10am on Sky Sports News, with the draw divided into northern and southern section but no seeding for the Championship clubs involved.
Ties are due to be played on Saturday, September 5 but could be played on alternate dates due to that being during an international window. Last season City were knocked out in the second round, losing 1-0 away to League Two side Crawley Town.
Norwich have been allocated ball number 23 in the southern section of the draw,
The Canaries’ development squad are also set to learn their EFL Trophy group stage opponents when the draw for that competitions is made on Talk Sport Two at 1.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
City are one of the 16 category one academies to accept an invite into the competition, when under-21 squads will face the first teams of clubs from Leagues One and Two. Ipswich are also in the southern half of that draw.
- We’ll bring you full details of both draws on this website as soon as possible
- 1 'You get relegated playing the Norwich way' - Old boy Bruce on Magpies' sorry plight
- 2 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Derby County win
- 4 Paddy Davitt verdict: Wazza and City's great leap forward
- 5 Record-breaking week continues for Canaries
- 6 'We showed Norwich too much respect' - Rooney on Rams' reverse
- 7 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' spirited 1-0 Championship win against Derby County
- 8 Premier League here we come for City chief Farke
- 9 ‘Ninety points is usually enough’ - Dowell buzzing for City’s big day
- 10 Spud Thornhill: Early days, but can City break that promotion record?