City sign Spanish right-back
Norwich City have signed former Spanish international right-back Juan Velasco on a three-month deal. The 30-year-old joins the Canaries on a Bosman-type deal, subject to international clearance, after impressing City boss Glenn Roeder after a trial.
Norwich City have signed former Spanish international right back Juan Velasco on a three-month deal.
The 30-year-old joins the Canaries on a Bosman-type deal, subject to international clearance, after impressing City boss Glenn Roeder after a trial.
Velasco won four international caps, and was part of the Spanish squad for Euro 2000, after a career in Spain's La Liga which has seen him play more than 275 games for Sevilla, Celta Vigo, Athletico Madrid and Espanyol, who released him last year.
The move comes after City loan star Matthew Bates was forced to head back to parent club Middlesbrough last week after suffering a serious knee injury.
You may also want to watch:
He had been starring at right-back until injury struck during the game against Hull City last week and proved to be more serious than initially thought.
- 1 No West Ham contact for Aarons; Drmic wage hike unlikely
- 2 City transfer rumours: West Ham show interest in £30m rated Aarons
- 3 Former City boss to leave post at the end of the season
- 4 Transfer rumours: Everton 'step up interest' in City star
- 5 PRESSER LIVE: QPR v City - Bullish Farke on Aarons' Everton link; no new injuries
- 6 City hot-shot out to prove point in Premier League, claims ex-Canary
- 7 Webber will continue to be 'brutally honest' at City
- 8 Spurs loanee Skipp discusses his future and potential of Canaries return
- 9 Transfer rumour: Canaries interested in Celtic defender
- 10 Canaries legend thinks promotion party was fully deserved