City star Pukki joins Euro 2020 top scorers as Finland conclude qualifying campaign
- Credit: AP
Just three players have scored more goals in Euro 2020 qualifying than Norwich City striker Teemu Pukki – who scored his 10th goal of Finland’s campaign on Monday night.
Just England captain Harry Kane (12), Portugal superstar Cristiano Ronaldo and Israel forward Eran Zahavi (both 11) have managed more than Pukki's 10 during qualifying so far, who is level with Serbia and Fulham striker Aleksandar Mitrovic.
The Canaries star played the full 90 minutes as the Finns completed Group J with a 2-1 defeat in Greece, safe in the knowledge that second place and qualification for their first ever major tournament was already wrapped up.
Pukki robbed Kostas Stafylidis and calmly slotted past the exposed keeper for the opening goal in the 27th minute, scoring his 25th international goal as he won his 79th cap.
Ahead of Tuesday night's final qualifying games the only players within three goals of Pukki and Mitrovic are Russia's Artem Dzyuba (nine) and Belgium's Romelu Lukaku (seven).
You may also want to watch:
Pukki's goal took his tally for the season for club and country to 13 in 18 matches, ahead of looking to end a seven-game dry spell in the Premier League when City head to Everton on Saturday.
- You can watch Pukki's goal in the video above
- 1 City transfer rumours: West Ham show interest in £30m rated Aarons
- 2 No West Ham contact for Aarons; Drmic wage hike unlikely
- 3 Webber will continue to be 'brutally honest' at City
- 4 Transfer rumour: Canaries interested in Celtic defender
- 5 Former City boss to leave post at the end of the season
- 6 City hot-shot out to prove point in Premier League, claims ex-Canary
- 7 David Freezer: Emotions bubbling for City as Watford tee up a proper title race
- 8 Spurs loanee Skipp discusses his future and potential of Canaries return
- 9 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 10 City ace Krul reflects on Premier League interest
EDITOR'S NOTE: This article initially suggested that Pukki had drawn level with Finland legend Jari Litmanen on 25 goals but this was based on inaccurate information. Litmanen scored 32 goals. We apologise for the error.