City star Pukki joins Euro 2020 top scorers as Finland conclude qualifying campaign
- Credit: AP
Just three players have scored more goals in Euro 2020 qualifying than Norwich City striker Teemu Pukki – who scored his 10th goal of Finland’s campaign on Monday night.
Just England captain Harry Kane (12), Portugal superstar Cristiano Ronaldo and Israel forward Eran Zahavi (both 11) have managed more than Pukki's 10 during qualifying so far, who is level with Serbia and Fulham striker Aleksandar Mitrovic.
The Canaries star played the full 90 minutes as the Finns completed Group J with a 2-1 defeat in Greece, safe in the knowledge that second place and qualification for their first ever major tournament was already wrapped up.
Pukki robbed Kostas Stafylidis and calmly slotted past the exposed keeper for the opening goal in the 27th minute, scoring his 25th international goal as he won his 79th cap.
Ahead of Tuesday night's final qualifying games the only players within three goals of Pukki and Mitrovic are Russia's Artem Dzyuba (nine) and Belgium's Romelu Lukaku (seven).
You may also want to watch:
Pukki's goal took his tally for the season for club and country to 13 in 18 matches, ahead of looking to end a seven-game dry spell in the Premier League when City head to Everton on Saturday.
- You can watch Pukki's goal in the video above
- 1 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Bristol City - Pukki still out, Krul set to return
- 2 PROFILE: Raw determination and loan education helped City's incoming left-back emerge at PAOK
- 3 City confirm Dimitris Giannoulis deal
- 4 City legend details Webber conversation before sporting director appointment
- 5 Buendia to Arsenal. Forget it, says City boss Farke
- 6 Spurs loanee Skipp is a centre-back's dream, according to City skipper
- 7 Matt Howman: Do you want Norwich City to be in the Premier League
- 8 Bullish Robins' boss pledges to mix it with Canaries
- 9 City keeper issues injury update
- 10 'He has all the attributes" - Former coach backs Giannoulis to succeed at City
EDITOR'S NOTE: This article initially suggested that Pukki had drawn level with Finland legend Jari Litmanen on 25 goals but this was based on inaccurate information. Litmanen scored 32 goals. We apologise for the error.