Pukki and McLean named in international squads
- Credit: Archant
Further Norwich City players have been called up for international duty - with Kenny McLean and Teemu Pukki the latest names to be called up by their respective countries.
Pukki is in line to win his 83rd cap for his national side when they face Poland in a friendly fixture on Wednesday, October 7 at 7.45pm.
A Nations League double header against Bulgaria (Sunday, October 11) and the Republic of Ireland (Wednesday, October 14) in the Nations League follows.
Pukki’s side sit in second in Group H behind Ryan Giggs’ Wales. City’s striker is three caps away from overtaking Erkka Petaja to take seventh place in the country’s all-time leading appearance list.
McLean has been named in Steve Clarke’s squad for the Euro 2020 play-off semi final against Israel at Hampden next week.
You may also want to watch:
Scotland welcome the Israelis to an empty Hampden Park on 8 October, before a Nations League double-header with Slovakia on 11 October and Czech Republic three days later.
The Tartan Army would then face either Norway or Serbia away from home in a one-off game on 12 November as they hope to end a 23-year wait to qualify for the European Championships next summer.
- 1 City keeper issues injury update
- 2 'He has all the attributes" - Former coach backs Giannoulis to succeed at City
- 3 City Q&A recap: What does Giannoulis signing mean for Quintilla?
- 4 Matt Howman: Do you want Norwich City to be in the Premier League
- 5 City's Giannoulis move enters the end game
- 6 PROFILE: Raw determination and loan education helped City's incoming left-back emerge at PAOK
- 7 Six things you might have missed after Norwich City's victory in Cardiff
- 8 Young City winger completes permanent Harrogate Town move
- 9 Spurs loanee Skipp is a centre-back's dream, according to City skipper
- 10 Canaries captain hails 'outstanding' display from Hugill
Both McLean and Pukki have been ever-present members of Daniel Farke’s City squad in the league this season. The Finnish striker managed to open his account for the campaign after netting in the Canaries 2-2 draw with Preston North End earlier this month.