Pukki and McLean named in international squads
- Credit: Archant
Further Norwich City players have been called up for international duty - with Kenny McLean and Teemu Pukki the latest names to be called up by their respective countries.
Pukki is in line to win his 83rd cap for his national side when they face Poland in a friendly fixture on Wednesday, October 7 at 7.45pm.
A Nations League double header against Bulgaria (Sunday, October 11) and the Republic of Ireland (Wednesday, October 14) in the Nations League follows.
Pukki’s side sit in second in Group H behind Ryan Giggs’ Wales. City’s striker is three caps away from overtaking Erkka Petaja to take seventh place in the country’s all-time leading appearance list.
McLean has been named in Steve Clarke’s squad for the Euro 2020 play-off semi final against Israel at Hampden next week.
You may also want to watch:
Scotland welcome the Israelis to an empty Hampden Park on 8 October, before a Nations League double-header with Slovakia on 11 October and Czech Republic three days later.
The Tartan Army would then face either Norway or Serbia away from home in a one-off game on 12 November as they hope to end a 23-year wait to qualify for the European Championships next summer.
- 1 Transfer rumour: Canaries interested in Celtic defender
- 2 City transfer rumours: West Ham show interest in £30m rated Aarons
- 3 Webber will continue to be 'brutally honest' at City
- 4 David Freezer: Emotions bubbling for City as Watford tee up a proper title race
- 5 QPR forced to deny manager is leaving ahead of City clash
- 6 No West Ham contact for Aarons; Drmic wage hike unlikely
- 7 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Watford defeat
- 8 'We want to top this season off properly' - Krul's message to fans
- 9 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 10 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 defeat against Watford
Both McLean and Pukki have been ever-present members of Daniel Farke’s City squad in the league this season. The Finnish striker managed to open his account for the campaign after netting in the Canaries 2-2 draw with Preston North End earlier this month.