‘Just to learn from them is unbelievable’ – Striker loving life alongside Canaries’ title winners
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Young striker Adam Idah is determined to glean as much information from Norwich City’s established stars as he can during pre-season.
The Republic of Ireland Under-21 international has been promoted to the first-team squad after signing a new long-term contract last week, following two prolific seasons at youth level.
Idah is set for chances to impress head coach Daniel Farke during pre-season and is well aware of the exciting opportunities ahead of him as the Canaries return to the Premier League.
"They've welcomed me into the group very well," Idah said. "They were great last season, to win the Championship, and for me to now train with players like that is great. Just to learn from them is unbelievable.
"I'm buzzing to be in that changing room, with the team that's just won the Championship. Training with these boys day in, day out, is going to be great for me, learning from them and developing as a player."
The 18-year-old prospect was nominated for the Player of the Season award for Premier League Two at U23 level after 13 goals in 24 games last season.
You may also want to watch:
He joins academy graduates such as Max Aarons and Todd Cantwell in the senior squad - and hopes he can help to keep City's youth success moving in the right direction, which has been boosted by new facilities at Colney opening recently.
"They've been great to me since the moment I've come in," he added, of that academy influence. "Seeing that they've come through from the academy to the first team, it shows to me that I can try and do the same thing because there's a pathway there.
- 1 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Bristol City - Pukki still out, Krul set to return
- 2 City confirm Dimitris Giannoulis deal
- 3 PROFILE: Raw determination and loan education helped City's incoming left-back emerge at PAOK
- 4 Buendia to Arsenal. Forget it, says City boss Farke
- 5 City legend details Webber conversation before sporting director appointment
- 6 Spurs loanee Skipp is a centre-back's dream, according to City skipper
- 7 Bullish Robins' boss pledges to mix it with Canaries
- 8 Matt Howman: Do you want Norwich City to be in the Premier League
- 9 'Our own Heracles at left-back' - City fans delighted as Giannoulis completes loan move
- 10 City keeper issues injury update
"Especially with how the club have built the academy up now, it's great for the boys coming up. Like you can see with the (new) gym, the pitches, everything is great. It will benefit everyone."