‘Just to learn from them is unbelievable’ – Striker loving life alongside Canaries’ title winners
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Young striker Adam Idah is determined to glean as much information from Norwich City’s established stars as he can during pre-season.
The Republic of Ireland Under-21 international has been promoted to the first-team squad after signing a new long-term contract last week, following two prolific seasons at youth level.
Idah is set for chances to impress head coach Daniel Farke during pre-season and is well aware of the exciting opportunities ahead of him as the Canaries return to the Premier League.
"They've welcomed me into the group very well," Idah said. "They were great last season, to win the Championship, and for me to now train with players like that is great. Just to learn from them is unbelievable.
"I'm buzzing to be in that changing room, with the team that's just won the Championship. Training with these boys day in, day out, is going to be great for me, learning from them and developing as a player."
The 18-year-old prospect was nominated for the Player of the Season award for Premier League Two at U23 level after 13 goals in 24 games last season.
You may also want to watch:
He joins academy graduates such as Max Aarons and Todd Cantwell in the senior squad - and hopes he can help to keep City's youth success moving in the right direction, which has been boosted by new facilities at Colney opening recently.
"They've been great to me since the moment I've come in," he added, of that academy influence. "Seeing that they've come through from the academy to the first team, it shows to me that I can try and do the same thing because there's a pathway there.
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Hornets frustrate City in title tussle
- 2 'Blown away' - Gibson reveals how City wooed him for Premier League push
- 3 City ace Krul reflects on Premier League interest
- 4 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 defeat against Watford
- 5 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Watford defeat
- 6 Farke laments 'average' City display in Watford defeat
- 7 City lose Giannoulis appeal; three-game ban stands
- 8 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 9 Norwich City v Watford: everything you need to know
- 10 City miss chance to secure title in Watford defeat
"Especially with how the club have built the academy up now, it's great for the boys coming up. Like you can see with the (new) gym, the pitches, everything is great. It will benefit everyone."