'Lots to learn ' - Busy spell continues as City striker makes Swindon debut
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
A whirlwind few days continued for Norwich City youngster Tyrese Omotoye as he was pitched straight into action for Swindon Town with the first start of his senior career.
The 18-year-old striker played 25 minutes of City's 1-0 loss at Barnsley in the FA Cup on Saturday, making his fourth appearance as a substitute of the season before joining the Robins on loan on Monday.
Swindon boss John Sheridan threw Omotoye straight into the deep end and he played the opening 66 minutes of a 2-0 home defeat to mid-table Plymouth, with the second goal conceded swiftly after he'd been replaced by the vastly more experienced Brett Pitman up front.
The teen's only real chance of note came early in the first half, with some neat footwork in the build-up ending in him being crowded out as the ball deflected into his path inside the six-yard box.
Omotoye posted on Instagram after the game to say: "First professional start. Lots to learn, we go again Saturday."
The defeat leaves the Robins third-from-bottom, with just three points covering the five teams above them but with rivals having games in hand - with a tough trip to second-placed Hull looming on Saturday.
Omotoye signed a new contract with Norwich until 2024 just before Christmas and has gone out for his first taste of loan action following the recall of striker Sebastian Soto from his loan spell in Holland.
Elsewhere in League One on Tuesday night, Louis Thompson brought an end to two months out with a hamstring injury as mid-table MK Dons lost 1-0 at home to play-off chasing Charlton, coming on in the 68th minute as the hosts chased an equaliser.
City centre-back Akin Famewo wasn't involved for the visitors but is hoping to be back from an ankle injury soon.
- 1 Delight for Buendia after Argentina call-up
- 2 'I'd like to think Norwich have their eyes on somebody' - Ashton on striker hunt
- 3 WATCH: In-form City loanee Drmic scores a cracker
- 4 'He's not an ego' - Delia on the man she worships at Norwich City
- 5 Celtic move came too early for Pukki, insists former boss
- 6 Norwich City transfer rumours: Premier League forward in Canaries' sights
- 7 Norwich City ace features in trailer for Euro 2020
- 8 City draw up target list
- 9 City Q&A - Paddy answered your questions
- 10 Why Delia and Michael believe Norwich City can 'change the face of football'