'Lots to learn ' - Busy spell continues as City striker makes Swindon debut
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
A whirlwind few days continued for Norwich City youngster Tyrese Omotoye as he was pitched straight into action for Swindon Town with the first start of his senior career.
The 18-year-old striker played 25 minutes of City's 1-0 loss at Barnsley in the FA Cup on Saturday, making his fourth appearance as a substitute of the season before joining the Robins on loan on Monday.
Swindon boss John Sheridan threw Omotoye straight into the deep end and he played the opening 66 minutes of a 2-0 home defeat to mid-table Plymouth, with the second goal conceded swiftly after he'd been replaced by the vastly more experienced Brett Pitman up front.
The teen's only real chance of note came early in the first half, with some neat footwork in the build-up ending in him being crowded out as the ball deflected into his path inside the six-yard box.
Omotoye posted on Instagram after the game to say: "First professional start. Lots to learn, we go again Saturday."
The defeat leaves the Robins third-from-bottom, with just three points covering the five teams above them but with rivals having games in hand - with a tough trip to second-placed Hull looming on Saturday.
Omotoye signed a new contract with Norwich until 2024 just before Christmas and has gone out for his first taste of loan action following the recall of striker Sebastian Soto from his loan spell in Holland.
Elsewhere in League One on Tuesday night, Louis Thompson brought an end to two months out with a hamstring injury as mid-table MK Dons lost 1-0 at home to play-off chasing Charlton, coming on in the 68th minute as the hosts chased an equaliser.
City centre-back Akin Famewo wasn't involved for the visitors but is hoping to be back from an ankle injury soon.
- 1 Cantwell opens up on his Norwich City future
- 2 'He was brilliant' - City ace hails winger's impact during latest win
- 3 Norwich City and the Soccerbot360: The inside track on why Canaries want the £750,000 aid
- 4 Ex-City striker Jerome reveals late January bid from Cardiff
- 5 The Canaries' trip to Forest subject to updated kick-off time
- 6 Wycombe have 'nothing to fear' against table toppers, says Ainsworth
- 7 Farke sets promotion points target
- 8 City want to bring 2,000 fans back for Championship run in
- 9 An unhappy anniversary for this Norwich City fan
- 10 City number one on Nyland's arrival and Barden's bright future