‘The fans would have roared the team off’ - City fans proud despite 2-1 FA Cup quarter-final defeat to Manchester United
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City supporters have expressed their pride at the Canaries performance against Manchester United during the 2-1 FA Cup quarter-final defeat at Carrow Road.
Todd Cantwell’s 75th minute equaliser cancelled out Odion Ighalo’s opener - but Harry Maguire’s late winner saw United progress to the semi-finals of the competition.
The England defender, who moments earlier had a header brilliantly saved by Tim Krul, reacted sharply to turn in the loose ball at the far post.
Timm Klose saw red late on for a professional foul on Ighalo - the Swiss will serve a one-match suspension and will miss City’s trip to Arsenal in midweek.
City were resolute out of possession and had opportunities to win the game through Emi Buendia and Onel Hernandez.
You may also want to watch:
United brought on World Cup winners Paul Pogba and Anthony Martial as well as Marcus Rashford as they flexed the quality of their squad. In the end, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side had enough to see off the Canaries.
- Read the thoughts of City fans on social media above and below
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Swindon hoping to sign Omotoye on loan
- 2 Farke's injury fears for Hugill after Barnsley FA Cup loss
- 3 No panic buy for Canaries after Hugill injury blow
- 4 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Barnsley defeat
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 FA Cup defeat against Barnsley
- 6 Rusty returns could prove crucial in the long run for fit-again City stars
- 7 'Concentrate on the league klaxon' - City fans express disappointment at FA Cup exit
- 8 Paddy Davitt verdict: Cup finals aplenty if City seal the deal
- 9 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 10 Farke's words of advice for Soto