‘The fans would have roared the team off’ - City fans proud despite 2-1 FA Cup quarter-final defeat to Manchester United
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City supporters have expressed their pride at the Canaries performance against Manchester United during the 2-1 FA Cup quarter-final defeat at Carrow Road.
Todd Cantwell’s 75th minute equaliser cancelled out Odion Ighalo’s opener - but Harry Maguire’s late winner saw United progress to the semi-finals of the competition.
The England defender, who moments earlier had a header brilliantly saved by Tim Krul, reacted sharply to turn in the loose ball at the far post.
Timm Klose saw red late on for a professional foul on Ighalo - the Swiss will serve a one-match suspension and will miss City’s trip to Arsenal in midweek.
City were resolute out of possession and had opportunities to win the game through Emi Buendia and Onel Hernandez.
You may also want to watch:
United brought on World Cup winners Paul Pogba and Anthony Martial as well as Marcus Rashford as they flexed the quality of their squad. In the end, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side had enough to see off the Canaries.
- Read the thoughts of City fans on social media above and below
- 1 Ex-City star Murphy boosts hopes of new deal
- 2 Former City loanee set for new deal at Borussia Dortmund
- 3 Candid Cantwell opens up on struggles during 'whirlwind' summer
- 4 'I don't want the season to end' - City ace hitting top form
- 5 Six things you might have missed after City's win at Derby
- 6 City defender likened to a 'young Rio Ferdinand'
- 7 City Q&A: One down. One to go
- 8 Lee Payne: Bruce has got it wrong over Norwich City and Premier League
- 9 Chris Goreham: No-one should question just how good City have been
- 10 Record-breaking week continues for Canaries