‘I can’t help but feel sorry for them’ - City fans left deflated after Burnley capitulation
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
A number of Norwich City supporters weren’t sure whether to laugh or cry following the Canaries demoralising 2-0 loss to Burnley in the Premier League.
Josip Drmic and Emi Buendia saw red before the break whilst the Canaries still had a foothold in the fixture - before Chris Wood’s overhead kick on the stroke of half-time compounded City’s misery.
The second half saw City deploy two rigid banks of four in order to attempt to prevent the scoreline becoming signficantly worse - Tim Krul was also a factor in the Canaries damaged limitation approach.
Ben Godfrey’s own goal late on seemed to expose City’s lack of luck further. The central defender miscontrolled Erik Pieter’s cross and it bounced into the bottom corner of the net.
City’s Premier League season will culminate with the daunting task of a trip to the Etihad Stadium to face Pep Guardiola’s Manchester City side.
You may also want to watch:
- Read the responses to City’s defeat on social media above and below
- 1 City keeper issues injury update
- 2 'He has all the attributes" - Former coach backs Giannoulis to succeed at City
- 3 City Q&A recap: What does Giannoulis signing mean for Quintilla?
- 4 Matt Howman: Do you want Norwich City to be in the Premier League
- 5 City's Giannoulis move enters the end game
- 6 PROFILE: Raw determination and loan education helped City's incoming left-back emerge at PAOK
- 7 Six things you might have missed after Norwich City's victory in Cardiff
- 8 Spurs loanee Skipp is a centre-back's dream, according to City skipper
- 9 Young City winger completes permanent Harrogate Town move
- 10 Canaries captain hails 'outstanding' display from Hugill