‘I can’t help but feel sorry for them’ - City fans left deflated after Burnley capitulation
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
A number of Norwich City supporters weren’t sure whether to laugh or cry following the Canaries demoralising 2-0 loss to Burnley in the Premier League.
Josip Drmic and Emi Buendia saw red before the break whilst the Canaries still had a foothold in the fixture - before Chris Wood’s overhead kick on the stroke of half-time compounded City’s misery.
The second half saw City deploy two rigid banks of four in order to attempt to prevent the scoreline becoming signficantly worse - Tim Krul was also a factor in the Canaries damaged limitation approach.
Ben Godfrey’s own goal late on seemed to expose City’s lack of luck further. The central defender miscontrolled Erik Pieter’s cross and it bounced into the bottom corner of the net.
City’s Premier League season will culminate with the daunting task of a trip to the Etihad Stadium to face Pep Guardiola’s Manchester City side.
You may also want to watch:
- Read the responses to City’s defeat on social media above and below
- 1 'Blown away' - Gibson reveals how City wooed him for Premier League push
- 2 MATCHDAY RECAP: Hornets frustrate City in title tussle
- 3 City ace Krul reflects on Premier League interest
- 4 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 defeat against Watford
- 6 City lose Giannoulis appeal; three-game ban stands
- 7 Pressure on Hornets for title-hunting City
- 8 Spurs loanee Skipp discusses his future and potential of Canaries return
- 9 Farke laments 'average' City display in Watford defeat
- 10 Norwich City v Watford: everything you need to know