‘We can’t blame the injuries!’ - City supporters worried after 5-1 defeat to Aston Villa
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City supporters have reacted with worry on social media as the Canaries were thrashed 5-1 by Aston Villa at Carrow Road.
Goals from Jack Grealish, Conor Hourihane, Douglas Luiz and two from striker Wesley ensured Villa left NR1 with their first away win at Carrow Road since 2013.
Josip Drmic's late strike proved to be little more than a consolation, with City's injury crisis continuing to prove detrimental to boss Daniel Farke's quest for continuity.
The away side were dominant in every department, with the international break leaving two weeks for supporters, players and coaching staff to stew on before a testing trip away to Bournemouth.
Ensuring some of those casualties return from the treatment room will be the priority for Farke, who won't have enjoyed his 100th game in charge of the Canaries.
You may also want to watch:
The response from this fixture will be crucial, with the break providing an opportunity for respite from the unforgiving nature of the division.
City have lost three on the bounce, conceding nine goals and slipping into the relegation zone.
- 1 Farke makes a pact with City squad
- 2 'Our only concern' - Farke reveals City's promotion roadmap
- 3 TEAM NEWS: Rupp injury setback ahead of CIty's trip to Derby
- 4 Stiepermann opens up about health problems
- 5 City boss too busy to worry about his contract at the moment
- 6 Farke misses out on monthly award... Again
- 7 Norwich City transfer rumours: Prolific Greek international in Canaries' sights
- 8 Farke hopes 'outstanding' City midfielder can shake off injury issues
- 9 Farke on Canaries records, Rooney and respecting the Rams
- 10 MATCHDAY LIVE: No promotion but points to be won for City at Derby
Read the reaction of the Norwich faithful above and below.