‘We can’t blame the injuries!’ - City supporters worried after 5-1 defeat to Aston Villa
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City supporters have reacted with worry on social media as the Canaries were thrashed 5-1 by Aston Villa at Carrow Road.
Goals from Jack Grealish, Conor Hourihane, Douglas Luiz and two from striker Wesley ensured Villa left NR1 with their first away win at Carrow Road since 2013.
Josip Drmic's late strike proved to be little more than a consolation, with City's injury crisis continuing to prove detrimental to boss Daniel Farke's quest for continuity.
The away side were dominant in every department, with the international break leaving two weeks for supporters, players and coaching staff to stew on before a testing trip away to Bournemouth.
Ensuring some of those casualties return from the treatment room will be the priority for Farke, who won't have enjoyed his 100th game in charge of the Canaries.
You may also want to watch:
The response from this fixture will be crucial, with the break providing an opportunity for respite from the unforgiving nature of the division.
City have lost three on the bounce, conceding nine goals and slipping into the relegation zone.
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Buendia 'talks' over summer Arsenal move
- 2 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 3 PRESSER LIVE: Barnsley v Norwich City - McLean tests positive for Covid-19
- 4 Farke's words of advice for Soto
- 5 'I didn't know if I'd make it' - City academy product ends over 1,000 days of injury woe
- 6 February fixture changes for Canaries
- 7 Dowell hoping to make more happy FA Cup memories with Canaries
- 8 Patience a virtue for City striker after injury had threatened his Premier League pursuit
- 9 Soto's loan at Telstar ends as City close on work permit for USA striker
- 10 Morris hopes to have found a 'home' after leaving Norwich City for Barnsley
Read the reaction of the Norwich faithful above and below.