WATCH: Norwich City stars recreate John Lennon hit in plea to stay at home during coronavirus pandemic
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City players Timm Klose and Josip Drmic have featured in a Swiss national team video singing hit song ‘Imagine’ as they urge people to stay safe during the coronavirus pandemic.
The video includes Liverpool star Xherdan Shaqiri and Arsenal midfielder Granit Xhaka and encourages supporters to stay at home in order to help conquer the virus.
Drmic has displayed his interest in music previously, when he released his song ‘No Tomorrow’ to raise money for charity.
In an Instagram post, Klose wrote: “Together with my teammates from the Swiss national team, we would like to show our solidarity with a viral clip of the song ‘Imagine’ that really inspired us.
“It shall give you courage and hope. In addition, we’re donating to the Swiss Nurses Association so that they can buy urgently needed protection material for their nursing staff.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s crucial that we all stick together and follow the official guidelines. Please make sure to stay at home in order to protect yourself and others, that’s how we fight this virus. But most importantly: stay positive, as one #TEAM we can do this!”
- 1 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Premier League-bound Canaries' 3-1 defeat against Bournemouth
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 3-1 Bournemouth defeat
- 4 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 5 City players and fans celebrate promotion on social media
- 6 'Amazing' - Buendia hails City's special promotion achievement
- 7 Farke savours sweet Premier League promotion after rollercoaster ride
- 8 Paddy Davitt verdict: I'll have a P please City
- 9 'A wonderful season' - Praise pours in for City from legends and pundits
- 10 Norwich City fans gather at Carrow Road to celebrate promotion