WATCH: Norwich City stars recreate John Lennon hit in plea to stay at home during coronavirus pandemic
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City players Timm Klose and Josip Drmic have featured in a Swiss national team video singing hit song ‘Imagine’ as they urge people to stay safe during the coronavirus pandemic.
The video includes Liverpool star Xherdan Shaqiri and Arsenal midfielder Granit Xhaka and encourages supporters to stay at home in order to help conquer the virus.
Drmic has displayed his interest in music previously, when he released his song ‘No Tomorrow’ to raise money for charity.
In an Instagram post, Klose wrote: “Together with my teammates from the Swiss national team, we would like to show our solidarity with a viral clip of the song ‘Imagine’ that really inspired us.
“It shall give you courage and hope. In addition, we’re donating to the Swiss Nurses Association so that they can buy urgently needed protection material for their nursing staff.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s crucial that we all stick together and follow the official guidelines. Please make sure to stay at home in order to protect yourself and others, that’s how we fight this virus. But most importantly: stay positive, as one #TEAM we can do this!”
- 1 Soto's loan at Telstar ends as City close on work permit for USA striker
- 2 'Best team in the division' - Bristol boss hails City's stylish success
- 3 LOAN WATCH: Success for Heise and recognition for Adshead
- 4 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-0 Bristol City win
- 5 Iwan Roberts: Hugill showed he truly belongs at Norwich City
- 6 'We are looking to win the next game' - Barnsley boss on Norwich FA Cup visit
- 7 Dowell hoping to make more happy FA Cup memories with Canaries
- 8 Patience a virtue for City striker after injury had threatened his Premier League pursuit
- 9 Watch extended highlights of the Canaries' 2-0 win over Bristol City
- 10 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-0 Championship cruise against Bristol City