Norwich City draw European giants in last 32 of Fifa Ultimate QuaranTeam competition
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City’s Todd Cantwell will host Belgian outfit Standard Liege in the third round of the Fifa Ultimate QuaranTeam competition.
The 22-year-old is the Canaries representative for the tournament devised by League Two side Leyton Orient as they seek to raise funds for three charitable causes.
Cantwell has beaten Fleetwood Town and Stevenage in the opening two rounds, but the draw pits him against a professional Fifa player.
Teemu Pukki’s dramatic last gasp winner ensured Cantwell’s men progressed to the last 32 of the 128-team competition, as City beat Stevenage in dramatic fashion after a second round replay.
Liege beat League One side Bolton Wanderers 4-1 in the opening round before completing a hard-fought 1-0 victory over Italian side Fiorentina.
You may also want to watch:
Now, they travel to Carrow Road looking to progress further. Cantwell will be feeling optimistic after successive victories but whether he possesses the gaming ability to compete against an E-Sports professional remains unclear.
- 1 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis
- 2 'Best team in the league' - Harris raves about Canaries
- 3 PRESSER LIVE: Cardiff City v Norwich City - Quintilla & Mumba test positive for Covid; Krul still out
- 4 'The Norwich fans are probably fuming' - Skipp on being Mr Popular
- 5 Solskjaer education and goalkeeping genetics pave way for City target Nyland
- 6 'Three Lungs' back in business
- 7 Drmic's Euro mission to seal City exit
- 8 Norwich loan has 'ticked every box' for Ben Gibson
- 9 City hold talks with Nyland
- 10 'It’s difficult, but it’s a nice difficulty' - ex-City man's verdict on Buendia