City to kick-off pre-season against MK Dons before heading to Germany
- Credit: Norwich City FC
Norwich City will begin their pre-season campaign against League One side MK Dons on Friday, before heading over to Germany for a training camp - with all games being played behind closed doors.
The Canaries will kick-off pre-season on Friday when they take on the Dons at the Lotus Training Centre in Colney, who were steered to safety by City legend Russell Martin last season and who have re-signed Carlton Morris and Louis Thompson on loan for the season.
A training camp in the North Rhine-Westphalia region of Germany follows with three behind-closed-doors matches, taking on third-tier sides SC Verl and Dynamo Dresden next Monday and Wednesday respectively, and Bundesliga Two club Darmstadt on Saturday, August 29 - who Mario Vrancic previously played for.
Fans will not be able to attend any of the friendly games due to the continuing restrictions amid the UK’s recovery from the coronavirus pandemic, with all teams needing to be rigorous in ensuring there is no outbreaks in their squad, with regular testing continuing.
A statement on City’s website explained: “In line with current government regulations and guidance in both the UK and Germany, City’s pre-season fixtures and training sessions will not be open to the public. The club asks that this guidance is respected and followed throughout this period.”
You may also want to watch:
Canaries players started returning to training for fitness testing on Monday after just a three-week break, as the elongated Premier League campaign concluded on Sunday, July 26 following the enforced three-month break due to the coronavirus pandemic.
The first competitive fixture is due to follow on the weekend of September 5, with a League Cup first round trip to Championship rivals Luton Town, with the date yet to be confirmed.
- 1 Spurs confirm Skipp has had surgery after injury with Canaries
- 2 Could City target any free agents this summer?
- 3 City star facing possible race for Euros fitness due to injury
- 4 Former City defender lands senior role at Wolves
- 5 City ranked top Premier League club for fan engagement
- 6 Tettey's heartfelt thanks to City fans
- 7 'My mission is not over' - Klose opens door to permanent Basel stay
- 8 Norwich City transfer rumours: Cardiff man once again linked
- 9 City transfer rumours: Manchester United defender in the frame
- 10 ‘It’s me, it’s Tettey’ - Canaries legend's best quotes
Championship fixtures then begin on the weekend of September 11-13, which are due to be revealed this Friday.
Fri, Aug 21 - MK Dons (Colney)
Mon Aug 24 - SC Verl (A)
Weds, Aug 26 - Dynamo Dresden (A)
Sat, Aug 29 - SV Darmstadt (A)