City too strong for Japanese
Norwich City Academy 5, Osaka U17 0: City's academy side made it two wins out of two when they recorded a comfortable victory over Osaka at Colney yesterday, writes John Landamore.
Norwich City Academy 5, Osaka U17 0
City's academy side made it two wins out of two when they recorded a comfortable victory over Osaka at Colney yesterday, writes John Landamore.
The Japanese team, who are set to play both Chelsea and Spurs during their visit, started their tour against the Canaries.
City went close on a couple of occasions through Dario Dumic and Nick Davey while at the other end Osaka almost opened the scoring but City keeper Declan Rudd did well to turn a shot over the crossbar.
You may also want to watch:
Norwich opened their account on 25 minutes when Danny Kelly forced the ball over the line from close range and just two minutes later he turned provider, feeding Davey whose shot went in off the far post.
On 33 minutes Manny Richardson finished a good move with a diving header and the same player made it four on 40 minutes. The scoring was completed on the hour mark when Kenny Reeves slotted the ball home.
- 1 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 2 Ian Clarke: Seven reasons why Norwich City will survive in top flight
- 3 Transfer rumour: Everton unsure about price tag for City star
- 4 'That's the bottom line' - Dowell clear on his City priorities
- 5 Pompey boss praises 'perfect model' at Norwich City
- 6 'We want to stop the party' - Cherries fired up for City clash
- 7 Another goal for Drmic - could City striker earn Euros recall?
- 8 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
- 9 'Like a shield' - Canaries boss heaps praise on Webber's work
- 10 Can City seal just their third Carrow Road promotion?
Norwich: Rudd, Cooper, Sutton, Ball, Habergham, Dumic, Clarke, Adeyemi, Kelly, Davey, Dawkin.
Subs all used: Francomb, Richardson, Brindley, Gordon, Reeves.