Norwich City transfer rumour: Canaries scouting Turkish winger ahead of potential January swoop
- Credit: Archant
Norwich City are reportedly keeping close tabs on Turkish winger Emircan Altintas ahead of a potential January swoop.
The Canaries are said to have scouted Altintas as his side Umraniyespor beat Altionordu 4-0 last month, with the attacking midfielder on the scoresheet.
Altintas, 24, began his career within the Besiktas youth set-up before an impressive loan spell at third tier side Sultanbeyli Belediye Spor saw him given a chance in the first-team picture at Umraniyespor.
He made his league debut in 2016, with a gentle introduction into the first-team picture seeing him end the season with six goals in 14 games after a metatarsal fracture halted his progression.
This season, Altintas has been in great form, scoring seven goals and providing two assists in nine games to elevate Umraniyespor to second place in the second-tier of Turkey.
You may also want to watch:
Altintas, who can play as either a number ten or a winger, has caught the eye in the Turkish 1. Lig this season, which has reportedly brought him onto the radar of the Canaries.
Haber Global's Yagiz Sabuncuoglu claims City are one of a number of clubs tracking the 24-year olds progress. Alongside City's rumoured interest, Altintas is also wanted by some top-flight clubs in Turkey but remains under contract until 2021.
- 1 Soto's loan at Telstar ends as City close on work permit for USA striker
- 2 'Best team in the division' - Bristol boss hails City's stylish success
- 3 LOAN WATCH: Success for Heise and recognition for Adshead
- 4 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-0 Bristol City win
- 5 Iwan Roberts: Hugill showed he truly belongs at Norwich City
- 6 'We are looking to win the next game' - Barnsley boss on Norwich FA Cup visit
- 7 Dowell hoping to make more happy FA Cup memories with Canaries
- 8 Patience a virtue for City striker after injury had threatened his Premier League pursuit
- 9 Watch extended highlights of the Canaries' 2-0 win over Bristol City
- 10 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-0 Championship cruise against Bristol City
The Canaries last recruit from Turkey was Joseph Yobo, who joined the club on-loan from Fenerbache in 2014.
VERDICT: Given his impressive numbers so far this season, it's possible that Altintas could be a player alerted to the recruitment analysts inside Colney as a potential recruit.
City's mantra on finding new talent has been about unearthing gems who have previous pedigree and with an education provided by Turkish giants Besiktas, this could be one that City explore further.
Whether they decide to sign fresh talent this January remains to be seen but if Daniel Farke's men still find themselves in the relegation zone, it's possible they will seek reinforcements.
The annual report released on Tuesday morning has hinted at funds being made available in the winter window should City's sporting director Stuart Webber wish to use them, although he has admitted previously he isn't a fan of operating in the January window.
The age profile, location and pedigree all seemingly match the Canaries recruitment checklist, whether they elect to make an official move remains unknown.