City return to Carrow Road for training ahead of Premier League restart
- Credit: PA
Norwich City returned to Carrow Road on Saturday, with Daniel Farke leading a first-team training session on the pitch.
City’s last outing in NR1 was a 1-0 victory against Leicester City at the end of February, with Jamal Lewis’ second half strike proving to be the difference.
The Canaries official channels released a photo gallery that showed City’s first-team squad returning to the pitch - with some players sporting some questionable haircuts.
Preparations for the Premier League’s restart later this month have ramped up, with the latest round of coronavirus testing failing to record a single case of Covid-19.
City’s first fixture will take place at Carrow Road against Southampton on Friday, June 19. The Canaries first three games will be played at home - including their FA Cup quarter-final against Manchester United.
You may also want to watch:
Other teams have also returned to their home venues to prepare for football behind closed doors, with Arsenal beating Charlton Athletic 6-0 in a friendly fixture at the Emirates.
City’s social media channels also posted a video of Emi Buendia scoring in a intra-squad practice match alongside photos that included Timm Klose, Onel Hernandez and Mo Leitner.
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Swindon hoping to sign Omotoye on loan
- 2 No panic buy for Canaries after Hugill injury blow
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Barnsley defeat
- 4 Farke's injury fears for Hugill after Barnsley FA Cup loss
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 FA Cup defeat against Barnsley
- 6 Paddy Davitt verdict: Cup finals aplenty if City seal the deal
- 7 Rusty returns could prove crucial in the long run for fit-again City stars
- 8 'Concentrate on the league klaxon' - City fans express disappointment at FA Cup exit
- 9 Farke's words of advice for Soto
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder