City return to Carrow Road for training ahead of Premier League restart
- Credit: PA
Norwich City returned to Carrow Road on Saturday, with Daniel Farke leading a first-team training session on the pitch.
City’s last outing in NR1 was a 1-0 victory against Leicester City at the end of February, with Jamal Lewis’ second half strike proving to be the difference.
The Canaries official channels released a photo gallery that showed City’s first-team squad returning to the pitch - with some players sporting some questionable haircuts.
Preparations for the Premier League’s restart later this month have ramped up, with the latest round of coronavirus testing failing to record a single case of Covid-19.
City’s first fixture will take place at Carrow Road against Southampton on Friday, June 19. The Canaries first three games will be played at home - including their FA Cup quarter-final against Manchester United.
You may also want to watch:
Other teams have also returned to their home venues to prepare for football behind closed doors, with Arsenal beating Charlton Athletic 6-0 in a friendly fixture at the Emirates.
City’s social media channels also posted a video of Emi Buendia scoring in a intra-squad practice match alongside photos that included Timm Klose, Onel Hernandez and Mo Leitner.
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Dowell stunner puts City on cusp of promotion
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' spirited 1-0 Championship win against Derby County
- 3 Premier League here we come for City chief Farke
- 4 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash
- 5 Farke makes a pact with City squad
- 6 'Our only concern' - Farke reveals City's promotion roadmap
- 7 Farke on Canaries records, Rooney and respecting the Rams
- 8 Spud Thornhill: Early days, but can City break that promotion record?
- 9 City boss too busy to worry about his contract at the moment
- 10 Dowell the difference at Derby as City close on promotion