Former Arsenal midfielder seals swift Holland loan switch following City arrival
- Credit: Norwich City FC
Dutch side Telstar have signed recent Norwich City under-23 signing Charlie Gilmour on loan, agreeing a season-long switch for the former Arsenal midfielder.
The Scotland Under-19 international joined the Canaries on a two-year deal, with the option for a further 12 month, earlier this month following the end of his long youth association with the Gunners.
But the 20-year-old did not travel to Germany with City's U23s as he pursued an immediate loan switch, joining Dutch second-tier side Telstar after a trial period.
Telstar have been in the second tier, the Eerste Divisie, since the late 1970s and finished in mid-table in 15th place last season. However, the league proved a good place to learn for City academy product Todd Cantwell during 2017-18.
The midfielder spent the second half of that season helping Fortuna Sittard seal promotion to the top flight before returning to play regularly during Norwich's successful title-winning campaign.
U23 prospects Savvas Mourgos and Simon Power have also spent time on loan in the same league with Dordrecht.
You may also want to watch:
The Brighton-born midfielder was first involved with Arsenal at the age of six and made two first-team appearances last season, coming on as a late substitute during Europa League group stage wins over Ukrainian side Vorskla and Azerbaijani club Qarabag.
He becomes the seventh Norwich player to head out on loan for the new season already, with Sean Raggett and Carlton Morris on loan in League One with Portsmouth and Rotherham respectively.
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 2 Norwich City transfer rumours: Buendia 'talks' over summer Arsenal move
- 3 PRESSER LIVE: Barnsley v Norwich City - McLean tests positive for Covid-19
- 4 Farke's words of advice for Soto
- 5 Rupp set for FA Cup recall
- 6 February fixture changes for Canaries
- 7 'I didn't know if I'd make it' - City academy product ends over 1,000 days of injury woe
- 8 Robin Sainty: Farke has taken City to a whole new level
- 9 Ton up Tim is wonderful for Farke
- 10 Morris hopes to have found a 'home' after leaving Norwich City for Barnsley
While on the U23 front Power and fellow winger Josh Coley are in Scotland with Ross County and Dunfermline respectively, and in England striker Mason Bloomfield is at League Two side Crawley Town and defender Ciaren Jone is with National League South club Eastbourne Borough.