Former Arsenal midfielder seals swift Holland loan switch following City arrival
- Credit: Norwich City FC
Dutch side Telstar have signed recent Norwich City under-23 signing Charlie Gilmour on loan, agreeing a season-long switch for the former Arsenal midfielder.
The Scotland Under-19 international joined the Canaries on a two-year deal, with the option for a further 12 month, earlier this month following the end of his long youth association with the Gunners.
But the 20-year-old did not travel to Germany with City's U23s as he pursued an immediate loan switch, joining Dutch second-tier side Telstar after a trial period.
Telstar have been in the second tier, the Eerste Divisie, since the late 1970s and finished in mid-table in 15th place last season. However, the league proved a good place to learn for City academy product Todd Cantwell during 2017-18.
The midfielder spent the second half of that season helping Fortuna Sittard seal promotion to the top flight before returning to play regularly during Norwich's successful title-winning campaign.
U23 prospects Savvas Mourgos and Simon Power have also spent time on loan in the same league with Dordrecht.
The Brighton-born midfielder was first involved with Arsenal at the age of six and made two first-team appearances last season, coming on as a late substitute during Europa League group stage wins over Ukrainian side Vorskla and Azerbaijani club Qarabag.
He becomes the seventh Norwich player to head out on loan for the new season already, with Sean Raggett and Carlton Morris on loan in League One with Portsmouth and Rotherham respectively.
- 1 'We will bring players of the right standard' - City boss on missing link
- 2 'I wanted to stay' - Normann disappointed by City relegation
- 3 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries keen on AFC Wimbledon winger
- 4 Aarons an ideal fit for Man United - Rio
- 5 Former City keeper set to leave Wolves
- 6 Lee Payne: The tricky question Norwich City fans must face up to
- 7 McLean hammer blow for Scots' World Cup bid
- 8 Mulbarton Wanderers win Norfolk Senior Cup final
- 9 Michael McIntyre and Robert Rinder spotted at Carrow Road
- 10 'Diabolical from day one' - Fans react to a woeful end to a woeful season for City
While on the U23 front Power and fellow winger Josh Coley are in Scotland with Ross County and Dunfermline respectively, and in England striker Mason Bloomfield is at League Two side Crawley Town and defender Ciaren Jone is with National League South club Eastbourne Borough.