Young Canaries victorious in high-scoring encounter with Middlesbrough
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City U23s were victorious in a high-scoring encounter against Middlesbrough on Monday evening, with David Wright’s men winning 4-3.
City did find themselves 3-1 up at half-time, only for Boro to pull the game back to 3-2.
City opened the scoring through right-back Jordan Thomas, who shimmied his way through the hosts backline before sidefooting coolly into the net.
The Canaries doubled their advantage soon after, with Aidan Fitzpatrick's teasing cross flicking into the net via the head of Boro defender Nicholas Hood.
Shae Hutchinson latched onto a mistake by the Boro backline and raced clear before netting City's third.
You may also want to watch:
Ben Liddle reduced the deficit shortly after the break with a beautiful free-kick before Rumarn Burrell bundled the ball into the net to make it 3-2.
City's FA Youth Cup hero Josh Martin tapped in from close range before Liddle netted a late consolation for the hosts.
- 1 'I wanted to bring Norwich back' - Emi reveals why he stayed at City
- 2 PRESSER LIVE: City v Bournemouth - Emi fit, Rupp out for the season
- 3 Frankfurt speculation just the start of uncertain period for City boss
- 4 Farke's personal message to City fans
- 5 Iwan Roberts: My one regret over Canaries' 2004 promotion
- 6 City boss has found his job 'even harder' than title-winning season
- 7 Former City coach leaves England U21 post
- 8 'Bring it on', says Bournemouth boss
- 9 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 10 'We want to correct what happened' - City ace on top-flight aims
The win continues City's fine run of form, with the Canaries having won three of their last five fixtures. They remain 11th in the table on goal difference and face Aston Villa Under-23s at Colney on Friday.
Middlesbrough Under-23s: Brynn, Dodds, Reading, Hood, Dale, Liddle, Malley, Wearne (Folarin 65), Jones, O'Neill, Burrell. Unused subs: Metcalfe, Robinson, Reed.
Goals: Liddle 33, 69, Burrell 54
Norwich City Under-23s: Mair, Thomas, Nizet, Tompkinson, Odusina (Scully 78), Adshead, Fitzpatrick, Hondermarck (Omotoye 66), Hutchinson, Thorvaldsson, Martin. Unused subs: Scully, Blair, McAlear.
Goals: Thomas 15, Hood (og) 24, Hutchinson 28, Martin 65