City learn their EFL Trophy opponents
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City’s under-23s have learnt their opponents for this season’s EFL Trophy - with the young Canaries facing Cheltenham Town, Newport County and Plymouth Argyle.
The Canaries were the invited club drawn into Group F in the southern section of the draw.
The Canaries fixtures in the competition will all be played away - with the EFL clubs given the advantage of a home draw.
It remains to be seen whether any spectators will be permitted to watch any of the cup clashes, with games remaining behind closed doors until the start of October.
The EFL Trophy will officially get underway in Matchday One during week commencing 7 September, and culminating at Wembley Stadium for the Final on Sunday 14 March 2021.
You may also want to watch:
City have accepted an invitation into the competition once again and were placed in the southern section of the draw alongside Arsenal, Brighton & Hove Albion, Chelsea, Fulham, Southampton, West Bromwich Albion and West Ham United.
Last season, City were knocked out in the group stages. Their group contained League One Play-Off semi-finalists Portsmouth and Oxford United, with Crawley Town making up Group B.
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Dowell stunner puts City on cusp of promotion
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' spirited 1-0 Championship win against Derby County
- 3 Premier League here we come for City chief Farke
- 4 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash
- 5 Farke makes a pact with City squad
- 6 'Our only concern' - Farke reveals City's promotion roadmap
- 7 Farke on Canaries records, Rooney and respecting the Rams
- 8 City boss too busy to worry about his contract at the moment
- 9 Spud Thornhill: Early days, but can City break that promotion record?
- 10 Dowell the difference at Derby as City close on promotion