City learn their EFL Trophy opponents
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City’s under-23s have learnt their opponents for this season’s EFL Trophy - with the young Canaries facing Cheltenham Town, Newport County and Plymouth Argyle.
The Canaries were the invited club drawn into Group F in the southern section of the draw.
The Canaries fixtures in the competition will all be played away - with the EFL clubs given the advantage of a home draw.
It remains to be seen whether any spectators will be permitted to watch any of the cup clashes, with games remaining behind closed doors until the start of October.
The EFL Trophy will officially get underway in Matchday One during week commencing 7 September, and culminating at Wembley Stadium for the Final on Sunday 14 March 2021.
You may also want to watch:
City have accepted an invitation into the competition once again and were placed in the southern section of the draw alongside Arsenal, Brighton & Hove Albion, Chelsea, Fulham, Southampton, West Bromwich Albion and West Ham United.
Last season, City were knocked out in the group stages. Their group contained League One Play-Off semi-finalists Portsmouth and Oxford United, with Crawley Town making up Group B.
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Swindon hoping to sign Omotoye on loan
- 2 No panic buy for Canaries after Hugill injury blow
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Barnsley defeat
- 4 Farke's injury fears for Hugill after Barnsley FA Cup loss
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 FA Cup defeat against Barnsley
- 6 Paddy Davitt verdict: Cup finals aplenty if City seal the deal
- 7 Rusty returns could prove crucial in the long run for fit-again City stars
- 8 'Concentrate on the league klaxon' - City fans express disappointment at FA Cup exit
- 9 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 10 Farke's words of advice for Soto