City wait on Celtic to give op go ahead
The Canaries are waiting for the go-ahead from Celtic for on-loan goalkeeper David Marshall to have an exploratory operation on his ankle injury. Marshall lasted just 11 minutes of Saturday's FA Cup tie at Chelsea before having to be stretchered off and is expected to be sidelined for at least six weeks.
The Canaries are waiting for the go-ahead from Celtic for on-loan goalkeeper David Marshall to have an exploratory operation on his ankle injury.
Marshall lasted just 11 minutes of Saturday's FA Cup tie at Chelsea before having to be stretchered off and is expected to be sidelined for at least six weeks.
Manager Peter Grant said after last night's 2-1 defeat at Preston that City were in daily contact with Celtic and hoped to be able to investigate the injury further.
He said: "We're obviously worried that it's ligament damage. We've been in contact with Celtic every day since it happened so it's a matter of Celtic agreeing to what we want to do, but they will make the final decision.
You may also want to watch:
"I've spoken to David and he's very keen to stay here and still be part of things. I've got to speak to Gordon Strachan, but the physios have been in contact every day.
"It's just a matter of them making the final decision on whether they want us to go ahead. We think he should be looked at. If they give us the go-ahead to be able to do that, he will have an arthroscopy to have a look at it and make sure what the damage is, because we cannot say we'll leave it a couple of weeks and see what it is. We'd rather get it done now and check and then hopefully he's on the road to recovery."
- 1 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Premier League-bound Canaries' 3-1 defeat against Bournemouth
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 3-1 Bournemouth defeat
- 4 Farke savours sweet Premier League promotion after rollercoaster ride
- 5 City players and fans celebrate promotion on social media
- 6 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 7 'Amazing' - Buendia hails City's special promotion achievement
- 8 Paddy Davitt verdict: I'll have a P please City
- 9 'A wonderful season' - Praise pours in for City from legends and pundits
- 10 Norwich City fans gather at Carrow Road to celebrate promotion