Placheta earns Poland U21 call up
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City winger Przemyslaw Placheta has been called up for Poland’s Under-21 side for their upcoming international matches in October.
Poland’s youngsters face Serbia U21s on Friday, October 9 before playing Bulgaria U21s on Tuesday, October 13.
Placheta has made eight appearances for his country’s youth team but is yet to make the step up to the senior team. He has netted on one occasion for Poland’s U21 - with the goal arriving against Estonia last year.
The 22-year-old made his City debut in their opening day victory over Huddersfield Town as a second-half substitute after missing the Canaries EFL Cup defeat to Luton Town due to internationals.
Placheta registered two assists for Czeslaw Michniewicz’ side in their 6-0 demolition of Estonia’s U21s earlier this month.
You may also want to watch:
The speedy winger joined the Canaries from Polish top-flight side Slask Wroclaw in August and is exciting City supporters with his pace.
Leeds United midfielder Mateusz Bogusz and Liverpool goalkeeper Kamil Grabara have also been named in the squad.
- 1 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 2 'That's the bottom line' - Dowell clear on his City priorities
- 3 Can City seal just their third Carrow Road promotion?
- 4 Ian Clarke: Seven reasons why Norwich City will survive in top flight
- 5 Another goal for Drmic - could City striker earn Euros recall?
- 6 Iwan Roberts: My one regret over Canaries' 2004 promotion
- 7 Transfer rumour: Everton unsure about price tag for City star
- 8 'We want to correct what happened' - City ace on top-flight aims
- 9 Connor Southwell: Why Emi Buendia must be crowned City's Player of the Season
- 10 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit