Placheta earns Poland U21 call up
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City winger Przemyslaw Placheta has been called up for Poland’s Under-21 side for their upcoming international matches in October.
Poland’s youngsters face Serbia U21s on Friday, October 9 before playing Bulgaria U21s on Tuesday, October 13.
Placheta has made eight appearances for his country’s youth team but is yet to make the step up to the senior team. He has netted on one occasion for Poland’s U21 - with the goal arriving against Estonia last year.
The 22-year-old made his City debut in their opening day victory over Huddersfield Town as a second-half substitute after missing the Canaries EFL Cup defeat to Luton Town due to internationals.
Placheta registered two assists for Czeslaw Michniewicz’ side in their 6-0 demolition of Estonia’s U21s earlier this month.
You may also want to watch:
The speedy winger joined the Canaries from Polish top-flight side Slask Wroclaw in August and is exciting City supporters with his pace.
Leeds United midfielder Mateusz Bogusz and Liverpool goalkeeper Kamil Grabara have also been named in the squad.
- 1 PRESSER LIVE: Cardiff City v Norwich City - Quintilla & Mumba test positive for Covid; Krul still out
- 2 'The Norwich fans are probably fuming' - Skipp on being Mr Popular
- 3 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit
- 4 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis
- 5 'Three Lungs' back in business
- 6 City squad can expect long term disruption due to Covid impact
- 7 Solskjaer education and goalkeeping genetics pave way for City target Nyland
- 8 Drmic's Euro mission to seal City exit
- 9 Farke's advice for Barden ahead of red letter day
- 10 'Best team in the league' - Harris raves about Canaries