Placheta called into senior Poland squad for the first time
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Przemek Placheta has been called into the senior Poland squad for the first time for their friendly against Ukraine on Wednesday.
The Norwich City winger has been drafted into the squad by coach Jerzy Brzeczek as a replacement for Eibar midfielder Damian Kadzior, who has been advised to remain at his club in order to fight for his place in the side.
Poland also have Michal Karbownik of Legia Warsaw, who is suffering from coronavirus, and Bartlomiej Dragowski of Fiorentina absent for the upcoming camp, meaning Placheta has been given the opportunity to impress in this week’s friendly.
After that game, the 22-year-old will join up with the U21s as originally planned to help with their Euro U21 qualifying match against Latvia later this month.
Placheta has started in the Canaries last three matches and had a great opportunity to open the scoring in Saturday’s 1-0 win over Swansea City.
You may also want to watch:
His only City goal arrived against Preston North End in the Canaries first home game of the season, but his pace has caused defences problems in the Championship.
Placheta has played eight times for Poland’s U21s, and this announcement marks his first inclusion in a senior squad. He could line-up alongside Bayern Munich striker Robert Lewandowski for his country.
- 1 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-0 Championship cruise against Bristol City
- 2 MATCHDAY RECAP: Huge goals for Hugill as City create daylight at the top
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-0 Bristol City win
- 4 'Best team in the division' - Bristol boss hails City's stylish success
- 5 Hot Hugill caps a season's best display for City boss
- 6 Hugill brace ensures superb City beat Bristol
- 7 'Great header' - Hugill's goal earns seal of approval from Holt
- 8 Farke maps out his risk averse strategy on Pukki and Krul
- 9 LOAN WATCH: Success for Heise and recognition for Adshead
- 10 STARTING XIs: Krul returns for Canaries against Bristol City
Poland’s friendly against the Ukraine takes place on Wednesday, November 11 (7.45pm kick-off) at the Silesian Stadium in Chorzow.