City youngsters are hammered
West Ham U18s 4, Norwich City U18s 1Two goals in either half from West Ham was enough to give them all three points at Little Heath this morning with Norwich's only goal coming from defender Tom Miller.
West Ham U18s 4, Norwich City U18s 1
Two goals in either half from West Ham was enough to give them all three points at Little Heath this morning with Norwich's only goal coming from defender Tom Miller.
There was a surprise in the Canary line up with Chris Martin, fresh from his hat-trick at Luton in midweek, leading the attack.
City competed well during the opening 30 minutes but they went a goal behind on 31 minutes when the Hammers took the lead from the penalty spot.
You may also want to watch:
Just three minutes later and City found themselves two goals adrift but with three minutes left before the break City gave themselves a life line when from a set piece MILLER pulled a goal back.
With 52 minutes on the clock and somewhat against the run of play West Ham restored their two goal advantage and Norwich appeared to have the wind knocked out of their sails but they continued to battle hard only for West Ham to score a fourth in stoppage time.
- 1 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 2 Ian Clarke: Seven reasons why Norwich City will survive in top flight
- 3 Transfer rumour: Everton unsure about price tag for City star
- 4 'That's the bottom line' - Dowell clear on his City priorities
- 5 Pompey boss praises 'perfect model' at Norwich City
- 6 'We want to stop the party' - Cherries fired up for City clash
- 7 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
- 8 Another goal for Drmic - could City striker earn Euros recall?
- 9 'Like a shield' - Canaries boss heaps praise on Webber's work
- 10 Can City seal just their third Carrow Road promotion?
Norwich: Rudd, Haynes, O'Toole, Smith, Miller, Habergham, Daley, R Kelly (Lathrope 65), D Kelly (Richardson 80), Martin, Smart.
Tom Adeyemi was twice on target for the Under-16's as they drew 2-2 with their West Ham counterparts with City keeper Jed Steer pulling off a penalty save for the Canaries.