Clarke bags brace as Grove open up seven-point lead

Premier Division leaders the Grove came from being a goal down at half time to increase their lead at the top of the table, to seven points as goals by Craig Clarke 2, Arran James and Sam Mallett helped them to a 4-1 home win over Aylsham Sunday.

Second-placed AFC Wanderers were being held to a goalless draw at Acle. Marlborough are level on points with AFC after a 6-0 (Danny Brown 2, Payton Swatman, Colin Wines, James Bulman Danny McKail) victory over Hellesdon Ath, whilst Dog House beat Unicorns by the same score. Norwich Busmen travelled to Reepham Town and just edged out the home side, winning 3-2.

In 1A, what was probably billed as the game of the day, the top two, Fiveways and Dussindale Rovers faced each other at Eaton Park and provided a game that lived up to expectations. After playing some neat football in the opening period, Fiveways took the lead through Michael Barker in the 21st minute but the visitors responded 15 minutes later with a Tom Boosey free kick on the left that eluded everybody to end up in the net.

Ten minutes after the break Tom Blyth put Dussindale ahead with a good finish to put them in control, but Fiveways produced two goals in two minutes from Ryan Gray and Dean Kelf to go ahead again and in the 80th minute Gray made it 4-2. As the game drew to a close, Ian Bird reduced the arrears in the 86th minute and a grandstand finish was complete when in time added on Dussindale goalkeeper Martin Addison rose high above the home defence to head the equaliser in a game very well refereed by Dan Keeble. Three own goals, Simon Brett, Ronny Qoopre de Barra and a first for the club from Ross Coombes saw Eaton ride out comfortable 6-1 winners at home to North Walsham, whilst Horsford SC had a single goal home win over Vale Longo. Despite goals by Oliver Bennison and Tony High, Rose Tavern conceded a late goal to go down 3-2 at 1B leaders Sprowston Rovers.

Second-placed Bayer FC lost ground as they were beaten 3-2 at home to Haig FC. Graeme Turner 2 and Glen Thurston scored for Haig who added that referee Nigel Raven had a “brilliant” game. Ryan Stalker, Luke Johnstone, Aaron Roberts, Robert Taylor, Alex Williamson and Nicholas Austin on his debut, all scored for Norfolk CCSC as they thumped third placed Prince of Denmark 6-1. Kevin Tate scored for Earlham Utd in a 1-1 draw at Catton, whilst St Faiths, after goals by Jordan King and Matt Egleton, threw away a two goal lead to draw 2-2 with Sprowston Wanderers.

Rackheath Green Man held 2A leaders Hockering to a 3-3 (Lloyd Hale 2, Seb Sandell) draw, and Sprowston Sunday returned to form with a 6-2 win at DCS Rapid. Justin Cameron scored a hat trick for Stoke FC as they moved off the bottom when beating Norman Wanderers Res 3-1. In 2B, there was only a single goal for leaders Moles Rest as they overcame bottom side Hethersett Athletic, whilst there were goals for John Norman, Jack Ainsley, Rhys Logan and a Jordan Rocastle hat-trick as second-placed PL Rangers beat Ribs Rovers 6-2. Heartsease scored nine (Darren Critchlow 3, Ben Lewis 2, Tom Whitmore 2, Sam Slater and Aaron Kay) whilst winning at Hillside OB and Acle Rangers Res won 3-2 at Maid Marian. Sporting Farmhouse beat Hingham 2-0.

The top two in 3A continue to slug it out. New Buckenham won 4-2 at Norman Wanderers A to stay top on goal difference from Riverside Rovers who have a Jamie Atkins hat-trick to thank for their 3-2 victory at bottom side The Reindeer who played very well, the winner coming late in the game. Hellesdon Res are third after a 5-3 win over Constable Crusaders and Mad Moose are fourth as they beat Caseys Cosmos by the same score, Darren Hills 2, Ben Burgess, Bram Goodwin-Wright and Tom Armes all scoring for Moose whilst Danny Tickle, Mark Allibone and James Hatten replied for Caseys. Dancing Farmers were held to a 1-1 draw at River Garden, whilst Newsman Celtic ended a run of five games without a win at Sporting Longdale. Robbie Powell scored a fantastic 30-yard opener in the first half with an audacious lob over the keeper. Longdale equalised through Josh Castlo-Hall before half-time when Newsman failed to clear a corner. Substitute Graham Stark secured the three points with a second half header which slipped under the keeper’s body to give the visitors three points. One Love Utd are six points clear in 3B after scoring five without reply against Aylsham Res. Second placed Salhouse Rovers went down 2-1 at a rejuvenated Taverham Utd, whilst Unicorns Res and Bell Inn shared the spoils in a 2-2 draw. Briston Wanderers scored twice in time added on to beat AFC Oak by the odd goal in seven, Ben Carver 2, and Jermaine King scoring for AFC and DEF FC had a 2-1 win at The Gordon.

Most Read

Unbeaten 4A leaders Bungay Town were two down at home to Whiterose Utd, but fought back to win 3-2 with a late winner. Brooke stay second after winning 3-0 at Phoenix Felthorpe whilst third placed Temple Bar won 4-1 at William Rovers. Manor Park beat Sporting Longdale Res 4-1 and high scoring Temples Property hammered Earlham Colney 11-2 to move up to sixth place. Hockering Res had a 2-1 home win over Eaton Young Boys. William Wanderers 5-1 victory at second-placed Drayton saw them open up a five point lead at the top of 4B. The were two up within the first five minutes and Drayton, despite a goal from James Tubb, never recovered. Schoolhouse stay third after a 2-1 (Ian Garrod and Will Dougal) win at Salhouse Res for whom Ryan Blyth scored, whilst Chapelfield Rovers are fourth after a 5-0 win at Wendene Wanderers.