Clingan agrees to join Canaries
Glenn Roeder has made his first signing of the summer with a Bosman swoop for highly-rated Northern Ireland international Sammy Clingan. The central midfielder and free-kick specialist, 24, has agreed to join the Canaries from Nottingham Forest, on July 1, in a two-year deal.
Glenn Roeder has made his first signing of the summer with a Bosman swoop for highly-rated Northern Ireland international Sammy Clingan.
The central midfielder and free-kick specialist, 24, has agreed to join the Canaries from Nottingham Forest, on July 1, in a two-year deal when his contract at The City ground expires at the end of the month.
Roeder the club's official website: "I'm extremely happy to secure the signature of Sammy Clingan.
"He is a player we watched a number of times during a successful promotion season at Nottingham Forest last year. We felt that he was the driving force in their midfield and we look forward to him continuing his career in an upward curve with us.”
You may also want to watch:
"He is a Northern Ireland international with lots of experience. Having met him he struck me as having the drive and motivation that I'm looking for in my players."
Clingan commented: "I'm absolutely delighted to be joining a big club like Norwich City. I'm leaving a good club, Nottingham Forest, to join Norwich and I'm really looking forward to trying to get them promoted to the Premier League.
- 1 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 2 Transfer rumour: Everton unsure about price tag for City star
- 3 Ian Clarke: Seven reasons why Norwich City will survive in top flight
- 4 'That's the bottom line' - Dowell clear on his City priorities
- 5 'Like a shield' - Canaries boss heaps praise on Webber's work
- 6 'We want to stop the party' - Cherries fired up for City clash
- 7 Pompey boss praises 'perfect model' at Norwich City
- 8 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
- 9 Another goal for Drmic - could City striker earn Euros recall?
- 10 Can City seal just their third Carrow Road promotion?
"Once I had spoken to Glenn Roeder and viewed the fantastic facilities at the club it was an easy decision to make. I knew of Glenn's managerial reputation, working with big name players in the Premier League and hopefully he will help me become a better player too. I was very impressed with what he said and his plans for the future - it really caught me and now I can't wait for the first game."