Clingan completes move to Coventry
Sammy Clingan has completed his move to Coventry City for an undisclosed fee. He signs a three-year contract with the Sky Blues. Norwich City boss Bryan Gunn said: "We thank Sammy for his services to the club.
Sammy Clingan has completed his move to Coventry City for an undisclosed fee. He signs a three-year contract with the Sky Blues.
Norwich City boss Bryan Gunn said: "We thank Sammy for his services to the club. He came in last season on a Bosman transfer and the fee we have agreed with Coventry is the right for Sammy's place in the market.
"He has gone back to the Championship and I'm sure will help Coventry City in that division and feel he could take the next step up to the Premiership if needed.
"In many ways we are sad to see him go but we realise his ambition as an international player and wish him well with his future career."
You may also want to watch:
The Northern Ireland international was Glenn Roeder's first summer signing of 2008, joining on a free transfer. He made 43 appearances in all competitions for the Canaries last season, scoring six goals.
- 1 Farke's dilemma with City prodigies
- 2 Robbie Savage: 'Never mind Stuart Webber, it's all down to me'
- 3 Police interviews and faulty planes - the inside track on Onel's Cuba bow
- 4 Dowell pledge from City boss
- 5 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
- 6 Lee Payne: Bruce has got it wrong over Norwich City and Premier League
- 7 Candid Cantwell opens up on struggles during 'whirlwind' summer
- 8 Local lad tag weighs heavy on Cantwell's shoulders
- 9 'Auld Enemy' clash on the backburner for City captain
- 10 Farke's fledglings: How City chief moulded the next generation for Canaries