Clingan completes move to Coventry
Sammy Clingan has completed his move to Coventry City for an undisclosed fee. He signs a three-year contract with the Sky Blues. Norwich City boss Bryan Gunn said: "We thank Sammy for his services to the club.
Sammy Clingan has completed his move to Coventry City for an undisclosed fee. He signs a three-year contract with the Sky Blues.
Norwich City boss Bryan Gunn said: "We thank Sammy for his services to the club. He came in last season on a Bosman transfer and the fee we have agreed with Coventry is the right for Sammy's place in the market.
"He has gone back to the Championship and I'm sure will help Coventry City in that division and feel he could take the next step up to the Premiership if needed.
"In many ways we are sad to see him go but we realise his ambition as an international player and wish him well with his future career."
You may also want to watch:
The Northern Ireland international was Glenn Roeder's first summer signing of 2008, joining on a free transfer. He made 43 appearances in all competitions for the Canaries last season, scoring six goals.
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Buendia 'talks' over summer Arsenal move
- 2 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 3 PRESSER LIVE: Barnsley v Norwich City - McLean tests positive for Covid-19
- 4 Farke's words of advice for Soto
- 5 'I didn't know if I'd make it' - City academy product ends over 1,000 days of injury woe
- 6 Dowell hoping to make more happy FA Cup memories with Canaries
- 7 Soto's loan at Telstar ends as City close on work permit for USA striker
- 8 Patience a virtue for City striker after injury had threatened his Premier League pursuit
- 9 February fixture changes for Canaries
- 10 Iwan Roberts: Hugill showed he truly belongs at Norwich City