Clingan completes move to Coventry
Sammy Clingan has completed his move to Coventry City for an undisclosed fee. He signs a three-year contract with the Sky Blues. Norwich City boss Bryan Gunn said: "We thank Sammy for his services to the club.
Sammy Clingan has completed his move to Coventry City for an undisclosed fee. He signs a three-year contract with the Sky Blues.
Norwich City boss Bryan Gunn said: "We thank Sammy for his services to the club. He came in last season on a Bosman transfer and the fee we have agreed with Coventry is the right for Sammy's place in the market.
"He has gone back to the Championship and I'm sure will help Coventry City in that division and feel he could take the next step up to the Premiership if needed.
"In many ways we are sad to see him go but we realise his ambition as an international player and wish him well with his future career."
You may also want to watch:
The Northern Ireland international was Glenn Roeder's first summer signing of 2008, joining on a free transfer. He made 43 appearances in all competitions for the Canaries last season, scoring six goals.
- 1 PRESSER: City v Liverpool - No fresh injuries; Cantwell set to miss out
- 2 Farke on City set up changes
- 3 Getting nasty and dressing room barnies - City old boy's relegation advice
- 4 Six things you may have missed from City's disheartening defeat to Watford
- 5 Farke opens up on the impact of booing City players
- 6 'I hate losing' - Normann's City debut left a nasty taste
- 7 What does Farke do now to kickstart City?
- 8 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 3-1 Watford defeat
- 9 Paddy Davitt verdict: It is not City fans who need to believe
- 10 Sargent hopeful Pukki partnership can bear fruit for Canaries