Nickname: The Us
Year formed: 1937
Ground: Weston Homes Community Stadium, United Way, Colchester, CO4 5UP
You may also want to watch:
2008/09 average: 5,084
Record attendance: 19,072
- 1 Soto's loan at Telstar ends as City close on work permit for USA striker
- 2 'Best team in the division' - Bristol boss hails City's stylish success
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-0 Bristol City win
- 4 LOAN WATCH: Success for Heise and recognition for Adshead
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-0 Championship cruise against Bristol City
- 6 Iwan Roberts: Hugill showed he truly belongs at Norwich City
- 7 Hugill thrilled with brace and determined to help keep City on track
- 8 'We are looking to win the next game' - Barnsley boss on Norwich FA Cup visit
- 9 'Great header' - Hugill's goal earns seal of approval from Holt
- 10 Watch extended highlights of the Canaries' 2-0 win over Bristol City
For visitors: Up to 1,832 in the South Stand
Position last season: 12th in League One
Manager: Aidy Boothroyd (September 2009)
Player to watch - Johnnie Jackson: The former England U21 player was hailed as the next big thing during his time at Tottenham thanks to his trusty left foot. But after several loan spells things did not work out at White Hart Lane, and he made the move up the A12 to Colchester in 2006. Since then, the 27-year-old midfielder been one of the Essex side's most consistent performers.
Record transfer fee paid: �400,000 (Steven Gillespie, Cheltenham, July 2008)
Record transfer fee received: �2.25m (Lomano Lua Lua, Newcastle, September 2000)
Ticket office: 0871 2262161
Ticket prices: Adult �19-�20, concessions �12-�14
Official website: www.cu-fc.com
Distance: 56 miles
Journey time: 1 hr, 20 mins
For directions to the ground go to www.pinkun.com/content/pinkun/norwich-city/away-guide/Map.aspx
Pub: The Norfolk, 132-134 North Station Road, Colchester, CO1 1UZ�, has Sky and a pool table, and is CAMRA-approved. There's also the Dog & Pheasant at 24 Nayland Road, Mile End, Colchester, CO4 5EG� although away colours are not allowed.
Last meeting: Norwich City 1, Colchester United 7 (8 August, 2009): This opening day capitulation was City's heaviest home defeat in 107 years of club history, the first time they have conceded five goals before half-time in a home game, their worst result on the opening day of any season, the most goals conceded by a goalkeeper on his Norwich debut . . . the list goes on. The game was over as a contest by the time the U's scored four times in the space of 12 minutes, before a quarter of the match had been played.
City connection: Dave Carolan was City's sports scientist before moving to Colchester last summer. Ex-City defender Ian Culverhouse is assistant to manager Paul Lambert. Jamie Cureton won the Championship Golden Boot with the Us in 06-07, before joining City.