City duo depart by mutual consent
- Credit: Norwich City
Norwich City Under-23 duo Josh Coley and Ciaren Jones have left the club after their contracts were cancelled by mutual consent.
The pair joined the club in the 2018 and had featured predominantly for the development squads during their time in Norfolk.
Coley joined the Canaries following a trial period after impressing for non-league Baldock Town. He helped them seal promotion by netting 21 goals for the step five side.
The former York City youth player had interest from Southampton and Sunderland but elected to sign for the Canaries.
He spent the first half of the season on loan at Scottish Championship side Dunfermline Athletic but returned after just seven appearances.
Jones joined City from Luton Town, where he played alongside Max Aarons.
You may also want to watch:
He played in two of City's EFL Trophy fixtures this season but hasn't featured for David Wright's under-23 side since the beginning of November.
- 1 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash
- 2 'You get relegated playing the Norwich way' - Old boy Bruce on Magpies' sorry plight
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Derby County win
- 4 Record-breaking week continues for Canaries
- 5 Paddy Davitt verdict: Wazza and City's great leap forward
- 6 Premier League here we come for City chief Farke
- 7 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' spirited 1-0 Championship win against Derby County
- 8 'We showed Norwich too much respect' - Rooney on Rams' reverse
- 9 ‘Ninety points is usually enough’ - Dowell buzzing for City’s big day
- 10 Spud Thornhill: Early days, but can City break that promotion record?