Colney Wrap: Our Norwich City correspondents Michael Bailey and David Freezer give their views following the pre-match press conference ahead of the Boxing Day EFL Championship trip to Reading
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Fresh from Norwich City’s pre-match press conference ahead of their EFL Championship clash with Reading at the Madejski Stadium on Boxing Day, Mustard sports editor Michael Bailey and Eastern Daily Press journalist David Freezer give their views from Colney.
Norwich City manager Alex Neil and Portuguese striker Nélson Oliveira Graham Dorrans were put before our reporters and the rest of the gathered media, at the Canaries’ Colney Training Centre.
They chatted through City’s dispiriting defeat to Huddersfield Town last weekend, the January transfer window and looking forward to the Canaries’ festive programme.
High-flying reading will await Norwich at the Madejski Stadium on Monday (3pm), with Jaap Stam turning the Royals into serious promotion contenders.
City sit 10th in the Championship stadiums, well off the automatic promotion pace and four points adrift of the top six, with Reading third.
You may also want to watch:
City also head to Brentford on New Year’s Eve (5.30pm) before welcoming Derby to Carrow Road to kick-start 2017, on Monday, January 2 (3pm).
We will have live coverage from the Madejski Stadium right here at pinkun.com as City take on Reading.
- 1 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 2 'That's the bottom line' - Dowell clear on his City priorities
- 3 Iwan Roberts: My one regret over Canaries' 2004 promotion
- 4 Can City seal just their third Carrow Road promotion?
- 5 Another goal for Drmic - could City striker earn Euros recall?
- 6 Ian Clarke: Seven reasons why Norwich City will survive in top flight
- 7 'We want to correct what happened' - City ace on top-flight aims
- 8 Frankfurt speculation just the start of uncertain period for City boss
- 9 Connor Southwell: Why Emi Buendia must be crowned City's Player of the Season
- 10 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit