Colney Wrap: Our Norwich City correspondents Michael Bailey and Paddy Davitt give their views following the pre-match press conference ahead of Sunday’s East Anglian derby clash with Ipswich Town
- Credit: Jason Dawson
Fresh from Norwich City’s pre-match press conference ahead of their EFL Championship East Anglian derby clash with Ipswich Town at Carrow Road on Sunday, Mustard sports editor Michael Bailey and Eastern Daily Press chief writer Paddy Davitt give their views from Colney.
Norwich City manager Alex Neil and Irish star Wes Hoolahan were quizzed by our reporters and the rest of the gathered media, at the Canaries’ Colney Training Centre.
They chatted through their desperate defeat at Burton last time out, their improving injury bulletin and what lies in store on Sunday.
Norwich host their arch derby rivals for a 12pm kick-off with Ivo Pinto, Steven Naismith and Youssouf Mulumbu all back in contention to feature following spells on the sidelines.
The EFL Championship rivals shared a 1-1 draw at Portman Road in the opening month of the season, while both sides head into the derby in generally better form than they’ve managed for much of the campaign.
You may also want to watch:
City will be watching how other teams fare between now and Sunday, as they cling on to their fading play-off hopes.
We will have live coverage from Carrow Road right here at pinkun.com as City take on the Tractor Boys.
- 1 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash
- 2 'You get relegated playing the Norwich way' - Old boy Bruce on Magpies' sorry plight
- 3 Premier League here we come for City chief Farke
- 4 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' spirited 1-0 Championship win against Derby County
- 5 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Derby County win
- 6 Record-breaking week continues for Canaries
- 7 Paddy Davitt verdict: Wazza and City's great leap forward
- 8 'We showed Norwich too much respect' - Rooney on Rams' reverse
- 9 'Champagne on ice' - City set for Carrow Road celebration next week
- 10 ‘Ninety points is usually enough’ - Dowell buzzing for City’s big day