Colt Jags on a roll
Coltishall Jaguars put seven past Hethersett Athletic Hearts to bring their winning streak to five games.
Within a minute of the kick-off Colt Jags were 1-0 up courtesy of Laura Hedtke’s left foot, following some quick thinking by Naomi Myhill to steal the ball from the Hethersett winger. After another couple of minutes Jags were up another goal, this time by Natasha Snelling.
After the excitement of the first few minutes the game settled and Hethersett found their feet a bit to prevent any further goals. That is until the half-hour mark, when Leanne ‘Woody’ Woodward played a great cross into the box for Tash to slam home from close range.
A few minutes before the end of the half Hethersett were awarded a penalty after the Jags keeper was adjudged to have fouled the Hethersett striker in the box after a tussle over a high ball. However, the Hethersett penalty taker was unable to convert the opportunity, firing wide and high of the goal.
In the second half Colt Jags continued to pile on the pressure, and found their fourth goal after Rhiannon Dack played a ball through the Hethersett defence for Laura to run on to and place beyond the keeper.
You may also want to watch:
The Jags were playing well and with their confidence high a fifth goal came from Woody who was well out on the right wing a short way inside Hethersett’s half. She spotted the Hethersett keeper off her line and so played an audacious floated ball high across the pitch which dropped perfectly below the crossbar and into the goal.
A sixth goal followed soon after courtesy of Ana Ohde who made a great run into the box and placed the ball in the bottom corner. At this point Jags made a couple of changes bringing on Claire Tallent and Crystal Gunning for goal scorers Ana and Woody respectively.
- 1 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 0-0 draw against Brighton
- 2 'A gem. A manager's dream' - Onel in Warnock's good books
- 3 Paddy Davitt verdict: Farke and his roll of the dice at City
- 4 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 0-0 draw against Brighton
- 5 City earn respect from Seagulls' chief Potter
- 6 'Josh is the most disappointed guy in the dressing room' - Farke on fluffed chance
- 7 Aarons backs City striker to recover after 'frustrating' Brighton draw
- 8 Positives for Canaries striker Sargent to focus on after wasting golden chances
- 9 'Two points dropped' - Fans felt City deserved more from Brighton clash
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries set to make January bid for Aberdeen star
With almost her first touch of the game Crystal played a lovely little through ball for Laura to run on to and fire into the back of Hethersett’s goal, completing her hat-trick.
As the minutes ticked down, Hethersett made one or two attacking attempts, however the Jags defence of Tamsin Leah, Sarah Nice, Francesca Bennett, Rhiannon Dack and keeper Lacey Gosling stood firm as they had done all game, snuffing out the danger.
Another superb job by Coltishall Jaguars, who have put in some great team performances in the last few weeks.
Team: L Gosling, T Leah, S Nice, F Bennett, R Dack, N Myhill, A Ohde, L Hedtke (C), L Woodward, J Telfer, N Snelling, C Tallent, C Gunning, N Robson. Manager: Julie Neate.