Coltishall Jaguars pounce on league leaders
COLTISHALL Jaguars Ladies produced a superb display against the league leaders Aylsham, in a match played in difficult blustery conditions.
The beginning of the game was very even with both sides finding it hard to control the ball in the windy conditions.
Neither side was able to get much of a shot on goal for some time, until midway through the half.
Colt Jags’ Laura Hedtke received a pass midway into Aylsham’s half, flicked the ball up, swivelled and hit the ball up so that it dropped just over the head of keeper and into the back of the net. A superb goal.
The remainder of the half was pretty even and so at half-time the score was still 1-0.
You may also want to watch:
Now with the wind behind them, Colt Jags went on the attack and were rewarded with a goal about 10 minutes into the half.
A brilliant defence-splitting ball from Laura Hedtke set up Naomi Myhill to place the ball beyond the advancing goalkeeper.
- 1 'He has all the attributes" - Former coach backs Giannoulis to succeed at City
- 2 City keeper issues injury update
- 3 City Q&A recap: What does Giannoulis signing mean for Quintilla?
- 4 City's Giannoulis move enters the end game
- 5 Six things you might have missed after Norwich City's victory in Cardiff
- 6 Matt Howman: Do you want Norwich City to be in the Premier League
- 7 Canaries captain hails 'outstanding' display from Hugill
- 8 'Best team in the league' - Harris raves about Canaries
- 9 Young City winger completes permanent Harrogate Town move
- 10 'My journey has been life-changing' - Cantwell reflects on three years since his City debut
In the next few minutes two more goals followed in quick succession. The first came when Natasha Robson pounced on a loose ball in the box, the second came from the goalkeeper fumbling a Jade Telfer shot over the line.
At 4-0 up, Colt Jags could afford to relax a little, but didn’t and continued to push Aylsham back. This resulted in Natasha Robson’s second goal, a volley from the edge of the area.
An injury to Laura Hedtke forced her to take up position in goal to allow the other fill-in keeper, Natasha Snelling, to return to her usual position as striker.
With the clock ticking down, Natasha Snelling wasted no time in adding her name to the scoresheet by slotting the ball in the back of the net.
Finally, the whistle blew on a brilliant team display by Colt Jags.
Team: N Snelling, T Leah, S Nice, F Bennett, R Dack, N Myhill, A Ohde, C Gunning, L Woodward, L Hedtke (C), J Telfer, N Robson, L Strike. Manager: Julie Neate.