Coltishall Jaguars pounce on league leaders
COLTISHALL Jaguars Ladies produced a superb display against the league leaders Aylsham, in a match played in difficult blustery conditions.
The beginning of the game was very even with both sides finding it hard to control the ball in the windy conditions.
Neither side was able to get much of a shot on goal for some time, until midway through the half.
Colt Jags’ Laura Hedtke received a pass midway into Aylsham’s half, flicked the ball up, swivelled and hit the ball up so that it dropped just over the head of keeper and into the back of the net. A superb goal.
The remainder of the half was pretty even and so at half-time the score was still 1-0.
You may also want to watch:
Now with the wind behind them, Colt Jags went on the attack and were rewarded with a goal about 10 minutes into the half.
A brilliant defence-splitting ball from Laura Hedtke set up Naomi Myhill to place the ball beyond the advancing goalkeeper.
- 1 Transfer rumour: Canaries interested in Celtic defender
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 defeat against Watford
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Watford defeat
- 4 MATCHDAY RECAP: Hornets frustrate City in title tussle
- 5 Farke laments 'average' City display in Watford defeat
- 6 QPR forced to deny manager is leaving ahead of City clash
- 7 City ace Krul reflects on Premier League interest
- 8 David Freezer: Emotions bubbling for City as Watford tee up a proper title race
- 9 Hanley insists winning title 'means everything' to Canaries
- 10 'Blown away' - Gibson reveals how City wooed him for Premier League push
In the next few minutes two more goals followed in quick succession. The first came when Natasha Robson pounced on a loose ball in the box, the second came from the goalkeeper fumbling a Jade Telfer shot over the line.
At 4-0 up, Colt Jags could afford to relax a little, but didn’t and continued to push Aylsham back. This resulted in Natasha Robson’s second goal, a volley from the edge of the area.
An injury to Laura Hedtke forced her to take up position in goal to allow the other fill-in keeper, Natasha Snelling, to return to her usual position as striker.
With the clock ticking down, Natasha Snelling wasted no time in adding her name to the scoresheet by slotting the ball in the back of the net.
Finally, the whistle blew on a brilliant team display by Colt Jags.
Team: N Snelling, T Leah, S Nice, F Bennett, R Dack, N Myhill, A Ohde, C Gunning, L Woodward, L Hedtke (C), J Telfer, N Robson, L Strike. Manager: Julie Neate.