Coltishall top the pile following draw with champions
With a month into the Norwich Premier Security NEN League season results are starting to settle into a pattern.
Last season’s Slater & Frith runners-up Coltishall are currently top of the pile after they shared the points with reigning champions Gimingham in a 2-2 draw. Runton are hard in behind them after they banged in a half dozen without reply at home to Lyng, with their Chris Long notching four of them.
Richard Mileham also netted four of Horning’s goals when at home to Aldborough Lions they ran out 6-2 winners. Thomas Crabb was Haisboro Athletics’ hat-trick hero as they came from behind to beat North Walsham ‘A’ by the odd goal of nine.
Ludham were odd goal winners of three at Worstead and East Ruston picked up their first point of the season with a 2-2 draw at Corpusty.
In the top of the table clash in the Wayford Nurseries Division Two at Madra between hosts Mundesley and Erpingham the game finished all square at 2-2 and, although Erpingham head the table on goal difference, Mundesley have a game in hand.
Blakeney kept in touch following their 3-0 away win at Buxton Reserves and there were away wins for Cromer Youth OB, Corpusty Reserves & Holt ‘A’ at Aldborough Lion Reserves, Hickling and Gimingham Reserves respectively.
Plumstead Rangers consolidated top spot in the Knights Trophies Division Three with a 6-4 home win over Felmingham, Glaven Valley hit double figures at home to Coltishall Reserves whilst Worstead Reserves were 2-1 victors away at Holt Colts.
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Icelandic attacking midfielder linked
- 2 Smith aims to turn up the heat on City squad
- 3 Dereham boss hails 'class' Canaries after big night
- 4 City FA Youth Cup winner heading to the Premier League?
- 5 Norwich City A-Z: Can Jones go one better with Hatters?
- 6 DEREHAM 0 CANARIES 4 - Key moments, ratings and teams
- 7 Pukki too important for Smith to offload
- 8 PICTURES: Back to business for Norwich City at Dereham
- 9 Paddy's Pointers: Dereham 0-4 Norwich City
- 10 VERDICT: Dereham Town 0-4 Norwich City
Both Cawston and Trunch won their Primary Cup replays albeit after extra time to join the other teams already through to the second round.