Contract extensions for six City academy prospects
- Credit: Norwich City
Six of Norwich City’s academy youngsters have signed contract extensions.
Central midfielder Saul Milovanovic is the best known of the group having been a regular at under-23 level last season after signing from Huddersfield Town in April 2018.
The 18-year-old made 15 appearances in Premier League Two last season and has extended his deal until June 2021, with the option of a further year.
Midfielder Anis Mehmeti and forward Shae Hutchinson were both primarily U18 players last season but did get some chances at U23 level, and have both extended until next summer.
Connor Parsons was another to get U23 opportunities and the winger has also signed an extension until 2020, with the option of a further year.
You may also want to watch:
U18s defender Matthew Richardson has signed until 2021, as has Joe Rose, although there is the option for a further year in the keeper's contract.
The Canaries have been giving the academy ranks a revamp this summer, with the signing of former Arsenal midfielder Charlie Gilmour becoming the sixth U23 addition when his arrival was announced on Monday, and with four U23 players already loaned out, including Republic of Ireland U21 winger Simon Power.
- 1 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 2 City's Giannoulis move enters the end game
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-1 Cardiff win
- 4 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-1 Championship win against Cardiff City
- 5 'As good as I've seen him!' - City fans laud Cantwell performance
- 6 Paddy Davitt verdict: Relentless City operating on a different level
- 7 No Pukki no problem for Canaries as they move seven points clear at the top
- 8 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis
- 9 'We need to pull our weight' - City skipper relieved to end his goal drought
- 10 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit