Contract extensions for six City academy prospects
- Credit: Norwich City
Six of Norwich City’s academy youngsters have signed contract extensions.
Central midfielder Saul Milovanovic is the best known of the group having been a regular at under-23 level last season after signing from Huddersfield Town in April 2018.
The 18-year-old made 15 appearances in Premier League Two last season and has extended his deal until June 2021, with the option of a further year.
Midfielder Anis Mehmeti and forward Shae Hutchinson were both primarily U18 players last season but did get some chances at U23 level, and have both extended until next summer.
Connor Parsons was another to get U23 opportunities and the winger has also signed an extension until 2020, with the option of a further year.
You may also want to watch:
U18s defender Matthew Richardson has signed until 2021, as has Joe Rose, although there is the option for a further year in the keeper's contract.
The Canaries have been giving the academy ranks a revamp this summer, with the signing of former Arsenal midfielder Charlie Gilmour becoming the sixth U23 addition when his arrival was announced on Monday, and with four U23 players already loaned out, including Republic of Ireland U21 winger Simon Power.
- 1 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 2 Iwan Roberts: My one regret over Canaries' 2004 promotion
- 3 'That's the bottom line' - Dowell clear on his City priorities
- 4 Can City seal just their third Carrow Road promotion?
- 5 Another goal for Drmic - could City striker earn Euros recall?
- 6 'We want to correct what happened' - City ace on top-flight aims
- 7 Frankfurt speculation just the start of uncertain period for City boss
- 8 Ian Clarke: Seven reasons why Norwich City will survive in top flight
- 9 City boss has found his job 'even harder' than title-winning season
- 10 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit