Crichton is new goalkeeping coach
Former Norwich City goalkeeper Paul Crichton has been appointed as the new goalkeeping coach at Carrow Road. Crichton leaves the same position at League One club Brighton & Hove Albion where he joined in July 2007.
Former Norwich City goalkeeper Paul Crichton has been appointed as the new goalkeeping coach at Carrow Road.
Crichton leaves the same position at League One club Brighton & Hove Albion where he joined in July 2007.
The Pontefract-born stopper replaces Tommy Wright who left City by mutual consent after Saturday's match with Bristol City.
City manager Bryan Gunn told the club's official website: "I'm delighted to bring Paul to my backroom staff. I've known him from his time at the club when he was understudy for Robert Green. He like the rest of the coaching team knows the club and I think that's important.
You may also want to watch:
"We want someone to continue to develop not only the first team goalkeepers but those in the Academy and I know he's looking forward to putting a development programme in place, which is important as we've had a good record in this position in recent years."
On his return to City, Crichton said: "I am delighted to be coming back to Carrow Road. I had three great years here, ending in the Championship winning season. I didn't play many games, but I just wanted to return - it's a great place. The club is in a false position at present, and if I can help support the gaffer, support the goalkeepers, support the club as a whole, then I want to do so. I want the club to be back where it belongs."
- 1 MATCHDAY LIVE: Norwich City complete their double over Cardiff
- 2 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 3 STARTING XIs: Pukki missing for City as Barden starts at Cardiff
- 4 City squad can expect long term disruption due to Covid impact
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-1 Championship win against Cardiff City
- 6 Farke's advice for Barden ahead of red letter day
- 7 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit
- 8 Cardiff City v Norwich City - all you need to know
- 9 No Pukki no problem for Canaries as they move seven points clear at the top
- 10 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis