Crick brace seals win for Mousehold
Mousehold 3, UEA Reserves 2
Mousehold first team started the game strongly, and it was not long before they went in front, on 13 minutes Gareth Crick broke his recent dry spell, when Duane Green fired the ball back to Gareth who slotted it in.
Mousehold didn’t have it all their own way though, as towards the end of the first half the play shifted to the Mousehold goal, and finally with two minutes left of the half, UEA equalised.
The keeper nearly blocked it, but just couldn’t keep it out.
Just four minutes into the second half, Brett Macey the captain had to come off with an injury, and Matt Taylor came on in his place.
Another change took place 20 minutes later, and three minutes after that UEA went in front, a shot from distance which went over the keeper just out of his reach.
Mousehold refused to be cowed, and 82 minutes in Peter Wilkes got the equaliser when he took the ball half the length of the pitch and hammered it home – a great finish.
- 1 City old boy Martin rebuffed job interest amid Watford reports
- 2 'They've handled this badly but I'm glad Teemu won' - fans react to Pukki POTS award
- 3 'Why are the disillusioned leaving their calling card by way of an empty seat?'
- 4 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in West Brom's Kipre
- 5 Canaries on the right track with Dean Smith, insists Zimmermann
- 6 Fears Spurs fans may infiltrate home end at Norwich City match
- 7 Ian Clarke: Time for City to end miserable season with a big scalp
- 8 Teemu Pukki named as Norwich City Player of the Season
- 9 Chris Sutton: Pukki is a Norwich legend... Now they must keep him
- 10 PODCAST: A City point to discuss as attentions turn to next season
On 87 minutes Gareth scored his second, and the winner: he was brought down just two yards in front of the goal, but he had put just enough on the ball that it trickled in anyway.
Man of the Match: Peter Wilkes, and a great team effort and a deserved win.
Blofield Utd 5, Mousehold Reserves 2
Mousehold Reserves, with several players missing from the team that put in such a good game last week, had a task ahead of them, and still the season’s first win to achieve.
Both teams started well, but about 15 minutes in Blofield put in a long looping cross from the right, the keeper caught the ball but dropped it into the net.
Five minutes later Chris Daniels equalised when he ran through to the keeper, but ten minutes from half-time a cross from the right was headed in by the Blofield forward for 2-1.
In the second half Mousehold came out strongly.
Early in the half they were awarded a penalty which James ‘Billy’ Bowden put away to bring the score level again at 2-2.
However, the last 15 minutes did not go well, with Blofield scoring a further three goals late in the game.
Man of the Match: Ben Jacob.