Crick brace seals win for Mousehold
Mousehold 3, UEA Reserves 2
Mousehold first team started the game strongly, and it was not long before they went in front, on 13 minutes Gareth Crick broke his recent dry spell, when Duane Green fired the ball back to Gareth who slotted it in.
Mousehold didn’t have it all their own way though, as towards the end of the first half the play shifted to the Mousehold goal, and finally with two minutes left of the half, UEA equalised.
The keeper nearly blocked it, but just couldn’t keep it out.
Just four minutes into the second half, Brett Macey the captain had to come off with an injury, and Matt Taylor came on in his place.
You may also want to watch:
Another change took place 20 minutes later, and three minutes after that UEA went in front, a shot from distance which went over the keeper just out of his reach.
Mousehold refused to be cowed, and 82 minutes in Peter Wilkes got the equaliser when he took the ball half the length of the pitch and hammered it home – a great finish.
- 1 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Bristol City - Pukki still out, Krul set to return
- 2 City confirm Dimitris Giannoulis deal
- 3 PROFILE: Raw determination and loan education helped City's incoming left-back emerge at PAOK
- 4 Buendia to Arsenal. Forget it, says City boss Farke
- 5 City legend details Webber conversation before sporting director appointment
- 6 Spurs loanee Skipp is a centre-back's dream, according to City skipper
- 7 Bullish Robins' boss pledges to mix it with Canaries
- 8 Matt Howman: Do you want Norwich City to be in the Premier League
- 9 City keeper issues injury update
- 10 'Our own Heracles at left-back' - City fans delighted as Giannoulis completes loan move
On 87 minutes Gareth scored his second, and the winner: he was brought down just two yards in front of the goal, but he had put just enough on the ball that it trickled in anyway.
Man of the Match: Peter Wilkes, and a great team effort and a deserved win.
Blofield Utd 5, Mousehold Reserves 2
Mousehold Reserves, with several players missing from the team that put in such a good game last week, had a task ahead of them, and still the season’s first win to achieve.
Both teams started well, but about 15 minutes in Blofield put in a long looping cross from the right, the keeper caught the ball but dropped it into the net.
Five minutes later Chris Daniels equalised when he ran through to the keeper, but ten minutes from half-time a cross from the right was headed in by the Blofield forward for 2-1.
In the second half Mousehold came out strongly.
Early in the half they were awarded a penalty which James ‘Billy’ Bowden put away to bring the score level again at 2-2.
However, the last 15 minutes did not go well, with Blofield scoring a further three goals late in the game.
Man of the Match: Ben Jacob.