Croft: Fans deserved this victory
Lee Croft believes City fans were rewarded for their loyalty yesterday as Ipswich were swept away on a tide of yellow and green at Carrow Road. A full house saw the Canaries' winger grab a stunning third goal of the season before Matty Pattison wrapped up a 2-0 victory nine minutes from time.
Lee Croft believes City fans were rewarded for their loyalty yesterday as Ipswich were swept away on a tide of yellow and green at Carrow Road.
A full house saw the Canaries' winger grab a stunning third goal of the season before Matty Pattison wrapped up a 2-0 victory nine minutes from time.
It was a much-needed morale booster for the team, and the supporters who have seen so many promises go undelivered this season.
"It's brilliant," said Croft. "The gaffer made sure even to the new lads what this meant to the club, to the gaffer, to the fans, to everyone - you can't describe how much it means to everyone. All the lads are delighted. We haven't had the results recently but to come into today with such high stakes and such high passion, I think we did it for ourselves and for the fans. We owed them something and we were pleased for them today. They have been brilliant travelling away from home and we get full houses for every home game and we know the rivalry and the passion - hopefully they will stay behind us and we will go on. We have two tough games this week away at Watford and away at Reading and hopefully they will go there and continue that support and we can start pushing up the table. We knew today that the past results would be forgotten and it was up to us to give them something to cheer and shout about. We knew they'd be with us and they were a big factor as well.
You may also want to watch:
"I've been involved in a few derbies now and they are good occasions, great atmosphere, and from my point of view it was brilliant to get the goal, but it was brilliant to get the three points."
- 1 NORWICH CITY ARE PROMOTED TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE
- 2 PROMOTION LIVE: Cherries and red card ruin City's party
- 3 Farke braced for summer of speculation amid Frankfurt links
- 4 Banning orders and revenge mission wide of the mark for City chief
- 5 Farke's personal message to City fans
- 6 'Mission Accomplished' - Norwich City fans celebrate promotion
- 7 City’s big chance to prove there is ‘one team that stands out’
- 8 Operation Bounce Back: The story of City's promotion success
- 9 'I wanted to bring Norwich back' - Emi reveals why he stayed at City
- 10 How Trent and Walker are shaping City star's progression