Croft: I'm delighted Gunn is the boss
Norwich midfielder Lee Croft is relishing the chance to pick up some tips from new first team coach Ian Crook. The City Hall of Famer is poised to be formally introduced today after flying in from Australia to join Bryan Gunn's new-look managerial team.
Norwich midfielder Lee Croft is relishing the chance to pick up some tips from new first team coach Ian Crook.
The City Hall of Famer is poised to be formally introduced today after flying in from Australia to join Bryan Gunn's new-look managerial team.
Crook was a lynchpin of the most successful side in Norwich's recent history while chief scout John Deehan plundered 70 goals for the Canaries in a five year spell. Attacking midfielder Croft plans to tap into that invaluable experience.
“I think the fact that Gunny, Ian and John are all obviously dedicated to the club helps,” he said. “They have a genuine love for the club and they're all going to want to come here and do really well. I'm sure the fans will be on their side as well, they all had good playing careers. I know John had a good career in management and Ian was a really good player as well, I watched him play for Norwich so it will be really good to work with them both.”
You may also want to watch:
Croft also gave Gunn his personal seal of approval.
“I'm delighted he's the new manager,” Croft told the club's official website.
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Canaries beaten by Barnsley in FA Cup
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 FA Cup defeat against Barnsley
- 3 Farke's injury fears for Hugill after Barnsley FA Cup loss
- 4 Norwich City transfer rumours: Swindon hoping to sign Omotoye on loan
- 5 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Barnsley defeat
- 6 STARTING XIs: Hernandez starts as City make five changes for FA Cup tie
- 7 Energetic Barnsley dump disjointed Norwich side out of the FA Cup
- 8 'Concentrate on the league klaxon' - City fans express disappointment at FA Cup exit
- 9 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Buendia 'talks' over summer Arsenal move
“He obviously took charge of the game against Barnsley and it went really well. I'm sure all the lads are all behind him and happy he's got the job because we all get on with him and he's Norwich City through and through.
“The atmosphere's been relaxed and since Gunny came in on Saturday he's tried to instil confidence in the team and give us a boost. Tommy Wright's played a big part as well, and Ricky Martin, so we're looking forward to working with Gunny and the new team for the rest of the season and then hopefully things will continue to go well.”
Crook flew into Norfolk yesterday after a gruelling long-distance flight. The 46-year-old quit his job at A-League outfit Newcastle Jets to link up with Gunn and Deehan back on his former stomping ground.