Cromer take charge
CROMER Town are now in the driving seat in the race for the Sterry Cup after they thumped Beccles Town 6-0 this afternoon.While the Crabs were winning, their main rivals Blofield United were being held to a 3-3 draw at home.
CROMER Town are now in the driving seat in the race for the Sterry Cup after they thumped Beccles Town 6-0 this afternoon.
While the Crabs were winning, their main rivals Blofield United were being held to a 3-3 draw at home.
Cromer kicked it off their last home game of the season and took the lead on four minutes.
Good play out of defence and a pinpoint Craig Terington cross saw Paul Winterborn slot the ball into the corner of the net.
You may also want to watch:
Cromer won a free-kick on 10 minutes, but play was held up for an injury to Beccles R Hepburn, who was carried off on a stretcher. L Pyke had a long shot over the Cromer bar. Cromer won consecutive corners on 16 minutes and keeper Cable saved. A Remblance shot over the Cromer bar.
Cromer scored number two on 29 minutes. A cross from the right and Craig Terrington shot past keeper Cable.
- 1 'Blown away' - Gibson reveals how City wooed him for Premier League push
- 2 MATCHDAY RECAP: Hornets frustrate City in title tussle
- 3 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 4 City ace Krul reflects on Premier League interest
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 defeat against Watford
- 6 City lose Giannoulis appeal; three-game ban stands
- 7 Spurs loanee Skipp discusses his future and potential of Canaries return
- 8 Pressure on Hornets for title-hunting City
- 9 PRESSER LIVE: City v Watford - Hanley, Pukki, Cantwell injury doubts
- 10 Norwich City v Watford: everything you need to know
Beccles won a free-kick on 31 minutes on the edge of the Cromer area but Remblance hit his shot over the bar.
Cromer scored number three on 40 minutes. A good cross by Craig Terrington saw Darren Terrington's shot parried by Cable for Ben Thompson to slot home.
Half Time: Cromer Town 3, Beccles Town 0
Beccles had the first corner of the half, but put it out for a Cromer goal kick. Then Neil Prior ran four yards only to be foiled by keeper Cable.
Cromer scored number four, Ben THOMPSON looping the ball over the keeper on 60 minutes.
Beccles had a corner on 80 minutes but Cromer easily cleared.
Cromer scored number five on 86 minutes, Ben THOMPSON slotting the ball under keeper Cable for his hat-trick.
Ben THOMPSON shot home off the post on 89 minutes for the sixth.